new class

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blizzerd, Jun 9, 2006.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i woud like to see a new class, to increase diversity

a suggestion;

a "Squad Captain"

this class can be as diverse as the engineer, but it is more squad orientated
    it can make squad members spaun close to him, if he holds a special spaun beaken, can "buff" players in his squad

allso, if the commander selects the Squad Captain and gives him an order, the whole squad will receave the order

he has some downsides thoug

bad weapons, being unable to defend itself without comrades)
    being dependant on others to gain skills quik (if a player spauns on his spaun beaken he will receave 1/2 of a point, if he kills an enemy he will receve 1/2 point)
    having a special uniform, that makes identifications very clear for friend an foe's (so they'l kill him first to end the buffs)

all squadmembers (excluding the squad captain giving the upgrades) close to the squad captain have the buffs he has selected with his points (small icons or text shoud show this to the player) i suggest a range of 15 meters max

his special "buff" skills are:

1:squad preformance: 50% extra stamania

2:battle command: 10% more attack on players direct weapons (so not mines, turrets, vehicle cannons and granades, only stuff with a barrel you are actually holding)

3:battle technics: 25% cheaper (less of the calc power required) build, heal, rezz and repair requird to operate the calc

4:squad tactics: 10% more hitpoints for all players in squad

5:vehicle command: 10% more damage done from every vehicle !driven! by a squad member

6:vehicle technics: -10% engine heating from every vehicle !driven! by a squad member

7: squad coöperation: -30% time to respaun

8: commander intel: + 25% viewing range on radar - 25% fog of war

buffs dont stack if there are more Squad Captains in the squad

the Squad Captain shoud have the following equipment at his disposal

he is not combat orientated, so he cannot change his guns
    the weakest pistol(not changable)
    weak smg (not changable)

special options (can be selected, but only 1 of 3 can be chosen at a time)

1:binoculars(the scout's one)

2:spaun beaken (if holded in hands, players of the Squad Captain's team can spaun close to the Squad Captain

3:calculator, can build stuff (but since he has not the engineer upgrades, he can not build lvl 2 turrets, revive, upgrade calc ...

a Squad Captain coud inprove teamwork, and enhance tactics

its yust concept, and to prove that there are "uncovered" places within the class system

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I think that would be neat. In Warhammer 40k you had the option to add a sergeant to squads, that could improve the squad, but only had a pistol. The sergeant also improved the morale of the squad.

I think it would be cool to see this implemented into Empires, but I don't think he should have a build tool. Every unit already has the ability to build by pressing E at a structure. So, I think the engineer should be the only unit with the build tool that increases building speed.

3. Comrade Regulus

Comrade Regulus Member

If people could actually work together enough to make this work, then it would be cool. But if people can't work together, I forsee the squad leader shouting "Get in my squad and stay by me n00b!" to a great extent. Again, if this works and we get some strategy like "shewt teh skwuad com frsit n00bs," that would indeed be cool.

And another thing, people hate being dependent on other people to do anything (Lack of trust I think), so we'd probably have to give him at least a decent gun, maybe only worse than the Rifleman's guns. Plus, probably a lot of armour, which makes sense seeing as how leaders are usually considered "More important".

Your spelling and lack of capitalization hurts my eyes... "yust", "spaun"?

EDIT: Oh, you're Belgien, okay, that renews my faith in humanity just a little. And here I thought that our American school systems were just deteriorating even further.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  4. FalconX

FalconX Developer

They are.

But on topic, this class is completely unnescessary. It is not, strictly speaking, a combat role. More of a compilation of roles that could be filled by any of the existing classes.

It seems like, rather than suggest a new class, you are suggesting a way to rework the squad system itself (which is planned), by giving certain bonuses to squad leaders. If this is true the title and first post are rather misleading. :p

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

actually, i was proposing a new class thoug, something to bind the other classes together as a team

bu hey, if they are gona make somthing simular i shoud first see how they do it

6. moab

moab Member

i like this idea :-) would help a lot for those games where you loose your only barracks and you have no way to get anouther and so you pretty much loose...