New Class

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Killa-Kanga, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Killa-Kanga

Killa-Kanga Ask me how to open a .cfg file today!

I was thinkin of a new class that is supposed to be used as an infiltrator but rather put a limit on how many can be on the field for any one team at any one time.
    I was thinkin you give them like a silenced SMG 1 or something with a knife and some c4 charges or something like that so the scout could actually scout because all i see the scout doing now is sabotaging the enemy turrets and getting killed soon after especially on cyclopean.

PS: KILLX don't even bother posting here cuz' it aint gonna be constructive you're just gonna try to insult me.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

A scout can already scout, simply removing the abilities of a scout to infiltrate would result in people not playing the class if they don't want to scout, and playing the infiltrator instead, or if that class was full, they'd pick another class.

3. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

scout can already get smg, and theres already another thread about customizable weapons to get silencers etc.

c4 is a bad idea imo.

+1*

4. Killa-Kanga

better than an engy sneaking through and nade spamming ur rax from a seemingly unreachuble pos

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

1. Scout
    2. Krenzo has already said many times that there won't be any other classes.

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Not to mention the weapon silencer skill, or the 9 mine's function as a remote detonation device, or the already existing melee, or the terrible balancing device that is forcing an artificial limit to the number of classes in the game. (If the class is specialized then the team that employs it in excess will soon be penalized by this imbalance naturally. If it's overpowered, nerf it.)

He's certainly addressing the correct issue: I still firmly believe that scouts are not useful in the slightest unless in the hands of an incredibly skilled shot--in which case he could be even MORE useful as ANY other class and probably knows enough to do so.

I just disagree with the suggested solutions to the issue. For example, the inclusion of a knife would require lots of coding (relatively speaking) when the exact same result could be achieved by simply increasing the scout's base melee attack damage, which I imagine involves changing one or two numbers and is simple enough that other people besides krenzo could do it. (Which I don't think is a bad idea at all, melee is so rarely utilized.)

I could also get behind the older suggestion of increasing a scout's crawl and prone speed, or at least having them be more effective with the speed upgrade, to increase the scout's overall ability.

7. Killa-Kanga

That is a real good solution there man!^^

8. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Buttery Lobster Is the most experianced Scout I know.
    I've been unfortunate enough to have sniper dueled with him.

9. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

WAS the most experienced. past tense. A. I'm out of practice thanks to school and B. I haven't focused exclusively on scouts and sniping in quite some time. Now I'm just plain old average. :p

10. petemyster

petemyster Member

just give the scout an option to get rid of his binoculars and replace it with weak C4's, cause like someone said the scouts are sortof useless, and whats the point in a infaltrating skill if, when they get into the enemy base they can only sabotage. And to prevent ultimate CV ninja-ing, make the C4 like sismic grenades.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The point is that sabotage can do a lot of damage to a structure, it just can't kill it.

And what's the point in having other team members if the scout can blow up buildings by itself?

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

for C4,

go grenadier, get ammo upgrade and get some ammoz. go to target structure, lay 8 multipurpose explosives (sometimes called mines) all together in the structure, run away, lay your ninth mine. Instant destruction of one or more structures of your target choice, totally stealthed. Grenadiers i've seen do this have sometimes been able to take down a barracks AND a radar in one blast. awesome.