New building: Upgraded Barracks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lynx, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Lynx

Lynx Member

Summery: Add a new brax with a med/amo box in it, make it cost more then a normal brax. Main reason for this: Most coms never drop armory/have hard time finding a spot for it. This would take less room and make the brax a place where infantry could heal/resupply.

Just a little idea, What if you take a Barracks, reinforce its walls (little more hp), attach an armory to it and then give it a fresh new skin all for around 550 rec?
    I just think it would be a little easier for new com's or com's that are caught up giving targets in a big fight to just be able to plop down a 2 in 1 building then find a spot for the brax then the armory.
    This also solved the no room for armory issue 2. Most of the time coms dont even drop armory's because of this. I can think of a bunch of maps where their is no room for an armor or the com has to place it far from the brax. (Cyclopean city roofs, exc.) Having a little amo/med box right in front of you when you spawn just seems like something that would add to the game instead of having to run around and look for the armory like iv had 2 do on some maps.
    I suggest a high price like 550-650 for these just so you dont get people standing around maxing out their amo at the start of the game when infantry have an important role. This would be for more into the middle of the game when you can afford stuff like this.

Well this is just my idea. Just throwing it out here. I think its at least worth thinking about if not the way I presented it. ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

1: if there is no room for armories then that means ether A or B
    --A: the mapper is a douche, and intended it this way for some reason
    --B: the map has a flaw and should be optimised so there can in fact be placed an armoury on that spot (if its an important enough spot)

a general rule of thumb i would like mappers to uphold; if you want people to place a barracks somewhere, make room to cramp at least 2 barrackses and an armory next to each other, this way commanders have space enough to not fuck themselves over bu just placing the barracks an inch too far to the left or whatever

if you want things like this in, it has to be ether
    --A: an idea thats so awesome we have no other choice then putting it in
    --B: something where you did already mostly the work, you modelled the model, scripted the script or whatever (might sound like the devs are incompetent, but tbh this is just reality, the devs are working with a skeletal crew atm and have no modeller who can just spew out models

3. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

No place for an armory? Don't know any map where this is really a problem.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

there are maps (no room to place a barracks AND an armory ofc, just an armory should be no problem if you could place a barracks), but as i stated its the mappers problem