New Buiding Research Proposal

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Trid3nt, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

At the moment we only have research for tanks, and as far as i can think, none for anything else.

So, my research proposals are

Field Masonry -

Sandbags: Reduces Blast Damage to buildings by 25%

Armour Plates: Adds 50 HP to buildings

Support Struts: Add 25 Hp and reduces blast damage by 10%

Resistant Metals: Buildings are harder to destroy with TI-83s

Nanite Producers: Buildings can self repair

Resource Manegment -

Refinery Upgrade: +50% Refinery Output

Prefabs: All buildings cost 10% less

Wall Research -

Higher walls: walls are 50% higher

Turret Walls: walls can have a hole in them for a turret to be built

Mountable Walls: Says it all (i belive someone has modelled these)

Add more if you can think of them

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

There was a whole topic about this... lemme dig it up...

Fortifications:

Armory: Becomes a pillbox like structure from which infatry can shoot out of; has increased HP

Barracks: Become a bunker like structure suggested earlier in this thread; has more hp.

Tank Stoppers: Are welded beams that stop tanks from passing through an area, while still allowing infatry to move, as well as proved slight cover (Think Normandy Invasion type of beams)

Razor Wire: Adds razor wire around all turrets to prevent people from rushing turrets into their blind spots (Player that remains in razor wire takes slight damage, while a player moving through razor wire takes great damage)

Advanced Fortifications

Command Centre: Creates a structure where the CV can be saftley parked in, to prevent Ninjas, arty shells and aircraft from damaging the CV in late games

Advanced Veichle Factory: Recives no major upgrade except some sand bags around the entrance into the Tank building room as well as more HP

Advanced Aircraft Factory: Recives additional sections that can be built by engineers: AA towers-provide some protection from air units camping the factory, Controll tower- Aircraft re arm and repair faster on repair pads, and the Factory itslef

Advanced Walls: Unlocks walls that have mountable turrets on them, Gates, walls have more HP, have battlemets for infatry to walk on and fire of

[​IMG]

and here is the topic its quite long...

http://empires.cw-hosting.net/showthread.php?t=555&page=6&highlight=Pillbox

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

The numbers might need a little tweaking, but yes, this is something I look forward to seeing.

Better base defence is something Empires is currently lacking.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I like this idea except the higher walls,, I HATE WALLS! NO MORE WALLS! noob comms would research higher walls and then spam them everywhere,, and then noobs would build them

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Theese walls are upgraded, the typed you could actualy walk on... and mount turrets on... not the worthless walls that you have now..

6. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

The most in late-game defenses we have are lvl 3 turret farms, and engies who build walls in completely random or obstructing places. (Such as in from of the damn VF right when I come out!:mad: [/rant])

If advanced walls that you could stand on were implemeted, you'd need to give the guys standing on them a bonus so that people would actually use them. Not just hide behind them and then pop out to shoot somebody. Maybe reduce the damage they take 40-60%? That way people will actually have some incentive to go up on the wall.

When aircraft are implemented, some sort of CV bunker is a MUST. Unless,
    A) The devs make the CV nearly inpenetrable by aircraft.
    B) Anti-aircraft turrets are so effective aircraft can't get anywhere near it.
    C) People learn to make an extra VF to park CV in, or if the adv VF is implemeted, park CV in old VF.

7. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Or park it an extra vehicle repair, like I do.

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

in addition to building research, infantry research has alot of popular support.

9. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

One note:

The advanced building types should be, in my opinion, place-able right on top of the old building types just like how your refs snap-to on ref points. This would mean you could basically build a VF, research the advanced stuff, then place the advanced VF on the old VF without having to make a new VF. Saves resources, time, etc.

It'd probably be handled in a similar way to turrets getting upgraded by engies, except the comm could do it from the CV.

Also, this makes me think... Should the comm be allowed to upgrade turrets in the same manner as engies? It'd be cool, and obviously the turret would need to be at full health.

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I was thinking that advanced things just unlocks an "Upgrade button" on the buildings in question

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I would like to see a slight drop after the end of the advanced VF, to stop enemys driving their own tanks into it.

12. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

i love doing that! Driving into the enemy tank, firing loads of shit into it, then taking out their CV