Nerf bio ml.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by urethra franklin, Mar 26, 2013.

1. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

I have no idea what the written stats are on bio ml but yesterday I got hit by a few on streets of fire as an infantry and died from single bio ml's (with their poison) that doesn't seem right to me.

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I am sorry, I should have killed you with my dual cannons, that's faster anyway.

Non-antivehicle infantry classes shouldn't die to the vehicle WITH ANTI-INFANTRY weapon?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  3. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

But it's a guaranteed slow kill, it's not even a question on whether you're going to die or not when you get hit by it it's just a death that hasn't happened yet.
    Also why are there splash anti infantry weapons in the first place?

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I gave you (somewhat) the benefit of the doubt on your previous posts, but this is clearly a troll.

You're basically saying "I got killed by biomls and their DoT so they're OP. Nerf plz". How do you expect anyone to take that seriously at this point?

5. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Because it was a 1hit kill (although I'm counting the initial damage and the DoT as only 1 thing)

6. Reznov

Reznov Member

Franklin, just accept the fact that you suck at empires. Just admit it.

There we go. It was easier than thinking up this stupid suggestion, wasn't it?

7. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Let me translate what you said for you:

"biomissle like nooks r to strong aaginst infantry dood and i dont know how to drive tanks cause im bad at empirs so plz make wepns on tanks less gud aginst infntry and infntry more good aginst tenkz plz becuz i onely kan ply infntry"

Seriously. Yes, bioml does a lot of damage against infantry, and that's the limitation. Bioml does shit damage against tanks (200 over a period of 15 seconds maximum, equivalent to 3 shots of HE), and have a low cycle time and ammo limitations. Treat bioml as poor man's nukes. Get into a tank, and quit complaining about dying stupidly.

8. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Let me give you the exact scenario you died in. You were a Scout. You had about 4-5 kills, and at least 20 tickets used. You were crouched in a corner of the map with your Scout rifle in an area with no enemies whatsoever. A tank comes along, recognizes you, mentally decides whether you're worth the ammo, then fires a single shot and drives off, not because you were dangerous, but because he wanted wages.

I wasn't there, but this is how you play every single game. You play Scout. You get a scout rifle no matter what. You feed. When I've seen you play any other class, any at all you can complain.

9. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Does BIO ML still drain stamina or was that fixed?
    But I sort of agree with franklin here, at the moment, when using BIO ML it's a kind of TROLOLOLO weapon when used on infantry.

How much of a nerf would it be to deal 99 damage over time instead of 100/maxhealth. (Versus infantry, let tanks remain the same)

Or

100 damage over time, that way health upgrade is a way to survive at least one bio hit. (Versus infantry, let tanks remain the same)

Just throwing out some ideas.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Guaranteed 1 hit kill?
    You do know that healing would remove the AIDS instantly, right?

Being a scunt, straying far away from your team, you deserve to die anyway.

11. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

You do?

12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

You mean a 1000+ res tank easily dispatched a single foot soldier? Say it isn't so!

13. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

With a single ml that's also effective against other tanks. Yeah it is kinda bullshit.

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's because you are so FAIL that you keep creating the scenarios in which one Bio ML kills you.

To allow a single Bio ML shot to kill you, you have to fit these conditions :
    1: You are on foot.
    2: Far away from your teammate/armory/APC that no one can heal you.
    3: You allowed enemy tank to fire at you in the first place, that is, close up to enemy tank (Bio ML isn't that easy to aim).

With proper conditions, EVERY SINGLE weapon in Empires can kill you as fast as/even faster than Bio ML. So if we follow your unthinkable logic, we would end up nerfing every weapons.
    I am not saying there isn't any OP weapon in Empires, it's just you picked the wrong one and you have invalid/absurd argument.

You have practically nothing to support your suggestion.
    Except for : That shit killed me, nerf it.

You complains, yet you don't even know much about this game, GTFO OF THIS SECTION.

15. Silk

Silk Mapper

Wow, my opinion of many of you just dropped quite a bit.
    Bio simply is the most annoying weapon in the game, wether you're on foot or in a tank. It can impact miles away from you and unless you have an engy with you (which you can't control) you know you've had it, even with health upgrade.
    In a vehicle, no matter what armor you have, even on a heavy with 6 plates, the damage will always reach the hull.

.. seriously ... it's SPLASH damage, it's one of the few weapons where aim isn't even that important, especially with that radius. If you miss with bio ML, you're worse than me. You just have to shoot close to a wall/foxhole/whatever where people are defending to hit them all.
    Yeah try asking for medics 20 times, and count the times where they reach you on time. Actually just count the times any engy will respond at all. This includes repairing your tank. Also are you suggesting we all base camp? Let's all stay in a 40 feet radius of the armory (i have no idea how long a foot is)

I agree that the problem isn't the weapon itself but the playercount/player behavior, but unfortunately you can't help that, and so the weapon remains frustrating as hell.

16. REX

REX Member

I find it works better than most other weapons or atleast forces them to retreat and bumble around.
    One of the only fun weapons left other than mines, a lot of other weapons feel horribly impotent like your trying to cut down a tree with a spoon. The mgs just seem so useless I mostly just go for more armor.

17. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

define fun

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

*GLaDOS voice* Thank you for hating us help us hating you.

Impact miles away from you. Do you even dodge? If you can't, any weapon would kill you anyway.

You can't control whether there's an Engi around you or not? First, you can.
    If you can't , not my fault, you are allowing Bio ML to rape your ass as I said.

Tell me how long does it take for Bio ML to reach your hull?

SPLASH damage... *looks at other 20 weapons with splash damage*
    You must be super pro if you don't have to aim just because it has splash damage.
    Because I suck, I do miss Bio MLs. Teach me how to shoot, master.

Ask for medic for 20 times? I actually did pay attention to the result. Around 18 out of 20 AT LEAST one medic responded, 15 out of 20 I received heal. Yes, in pubber games.

Base camp? Do you even push together? It's not like the tanks firing Bio MLs are invincible.

Frustrating? Why should it NOT be frustrating for a infantry meeting a tank with anti-infantry weapon?

Another weak argument.

19. Reznov

Reznov Member

I wish I could facepalm everyone.

Bio ML is almost USELESS against anything besides infantry. How can you guys even THINK of nerfing it? It was designed to exterminate infantry, yet it can't do almost any kind of damage against buildings or tanks.

I am pretty sure that researching bio ML got so famous because the tanks have become shit since a few patches (compared to the old days) so almost no one buys them unless it is a fully armored medium/heavy tank.

This leads to masses of infantry in the beginning of rounds which leads to some commanders researching that thing to kill infantry. This has one severe disadvantage though, it is becoming more useless the more the round goes on, UNLESS the enemy team is not able to research decent tanks.

So IMO this weapon is fine as it is.

Pros:
    - Good for starters
    - Very efficient against infantry
    - Easy to use
    - In bio tree (Bio diesel, Bio MG, Regen - useful alternatives)

Cons:
    - Bad in mid/late game
    - Not efficient against buildings and tanks
    - Can inflict damage on your own tank if blast is close enough
    - Wasted research time if results aren't as wanted

So fucking blow me with your IT'S OP. God damn crybaby.

20. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

reply in quote