Nerf 3 phase engine

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Metal Smith, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

High speed, High heat dissipation.

what are it's draw backs? stalling? what does stalling do if you don't lose speed? o, it makes your heat dissipation faster.

Basically, 3 phase lets you go fast, run circles around the enemy, and then when all is said and done, every time you get shot, your engine stalls, which doesn't drop your speed or anything negative. In fact, every time you get hit, you momentarily gain heat dissipation, as the engine is no longer running for a brief period of time.

This engine is the underlaying cause of the major unbalances in the NF light tanks. Armor is powerful, yes, but it wouldn't do shit if the tank couldn't zoom up to people without and hassles like there is supposed to be, and get under their treads.

In other words, Stalling should make you effectively slow down as if you let off the gas in a manual car without pressing in the clutch. If you've never driven a manual shift, the difference is that with the clutch in, the car will coast smoothly. Without it, it's like lightly applying the brakes.

I think being shot and stalling in the 3 phase should have much more dramatic effects on it's speed and maneuverability.

It's only draw back (it's instability) is not a draw back, which is why it is godly.

2. OuNin

OuNin Member

I'd like it if the vehicle was hit anywhere, the engine would begin stalling.

3. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Why not only nerf it for light tanks. 3phase without speed was pretty useless. in 2.21, 3 phase wasn't fast. APCs ran faster than jeeps. No one got 3phase; Fission was the engine for speed.

The thing is, without speed, 3phase is nothing. It has terrible acceleration. Fission has better handling and acceleration however it has less top speed and more heat.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I'm not talking about changing anything on the engine. I'm talking about making stalling a very real problem, rather than just a stutter. This would also improve bio engine, since it has a 99% resistance to stalling, or something like that, where as 3 phase has a 30% resistance iirc.

5. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

the whole electrical tree needs to be nerfed into oblivion, 3p included

but this is all supposed to be irrelevant in 2.24 amirite?

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

stalling should give the same effect as an uncontrollable hand brake tapping on and off or something like that

:p