Needs more fluid maps.

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by alucard13mmfmj, Aug 8, 2011.

1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

More dynamic and fluid maps.

I wish maps had like HL civilians that run around in the map that gets in the way. And if you kill civilians, you lose a skill point. Kinda hectic like war.. with armies battling each other and civilians being collateral damage.

Some map hazards. Maybe like rising/falling lava levels, like super mario, that kills infantry and overheat vehicles in some parts of maps. Perhaps a random meteor that crashes onto a random part of the map every 10 minutes and have power of a HIT missile. Or random mortars.

Some physics objects that could be pushed around by tanks and explosions and can become deadly debri.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

all of it easy things that a mapper will probably never do due to being annoying for the players. But then again... rainbow road.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

alucard your ideas are so shit i dont even spell check my replies to them properly

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Alucard seriously, just hang yourself.

5. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I'd like to see more maps like homeland with movable car wrecks and destroyable walls.

6. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

lol it was fun making walls with the broken cars.. its even more fun if u were crouching and someone pushed a car on u. u can shoot through the car and have the car's protection from some of hte bullets :D.

why is it shit if u add stuff that makes the map slightly different each time? its not like im asking for diablo dungeon randomizing...

honestly i was thinking of a rainbowroad mario kart racing.. combine it with crates that gives upgrades or detrimental stuff :P.. thatll be the most epic map on empires..

7. Krazer

Krazer Member

Anything that makes a map more dynamic and less static would be refreshing.

The buildable/destroyable entities (Not sure if they are actually called that) do a very good, bridges, sections of walls or even buildable/destroyable doors that open close etc etc. Unfortunately I believe what mappers can do is very limited in source.

The civilian stuff is completely retarded though.