Need Help with configuring.

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by RoyalRampage, Nov 15, 2009.

1. RoyalRampage

RoyalRampage Member

I need help with the configuring!
    When i open hammer it come up
    Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'c:\programfiles\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\Empires'
    Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting

And i have the gameinfo.txt in that location.
    and i can't move my my whole Valve folder into Program Files from the Desktop. Maybe the folder is too large to move. :( 72gig:headshot:

2. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

you installed steam on the desktop? well just find the directory for your real install, which would be something like c:documents and settings/user/desktop/steam/steamapps/sourcemods/empires and apply it.

though i have no idea why you have steam installed on your desktop, nor would i try 'dragging it' to move it. you have it there, your stuck with it there.

i dont know if you copy and pasted the exact text either but your missing a space in 'program files' and have an extra space in 'Empires'

I myself dont have steam in the default directory of 'c:/program files/steam' I use 'c:/games/program files/steam' and i just make sure it reads to that directory instead.

3. RoyalRampage

RoyalRampage Member

Nevermind, Fixed it. had to change stuff in the GameConfig.txt file. But Thanks anyways.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

installing stuff on the desktop is the single most destructive thing to windows booting times i have ever seen

desktop should ONLY be used to organise short cuts on, any folder there will be cached at least once every boot