Napalm and trees

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

heh, they wouldn't be Command and conqour style super- just moderately damaging to specific unit types (depending on type) in a reasonably large area.

2. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

The napalm bomb should really scorch people and kill them from a large area, I'd call that "massive" damage. Tank nukes cause "moderate" damage in comparison, IMO. Oh and by the way, give me a full version of the pic in your sig please! :D

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

which one?!!!

the dee one changes every time you load the page. the one you saw is gone now, forever.

4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Is the sloganiser one meant to be making a point or somthing?

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

I think he wants a picture of the arse. 0.o

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

no real point.

but i said something bad about dee, as a joke, but she didn't take it that way. a while back. so i decided to dedicate my sig to her, to make up for it, really.

7. Aurora

The background picture that the text is put on. :P

8. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

It's generated by Sloganizer.com

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

its actually a man

10. Aurora

EDIT: Aww damn, it's just an option in Sloganizer.net... no full pic I guess :(

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Perhaps everyone should stop BlackHoling?

12. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Perhaps you mom should stop...oops.

This discussion is pretty much over as JJ45 went off topic. (Topic creator did it so I can too)

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

OK, to the Black Hole Mobile!

KILLX uses Black Hole Mobile to pull this thread into the Black Hole

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

no, this is a good topic about large WMD bombs.

15. Aurora

Sorry, but I blew up your Black Hole Mobile with a car bomb.

16. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

Alright here is my idea on the bombs (AKA Superwepons)

Like the arty in 1.073 everyone would try to research the super weapon.
    Like the arty it does a crap load of damage and the cost to the super weapon would not be as bad as how crippled the other team would be.

17. FalconX

FalconX Developer

The problem is that it doesn't fit in with the style of Empires. The research system's design is based off of the idea that whatever path you choose you'll be able to succeed. By putting an ultrapowerful weapon in (as in arty, thank you cyber) you force everyone down that path because, unless both teams have the weapon, one will be slaughtered.

18. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The only way to prevent arty from being a superweapon is by having a mobile(but slow) shield protect the base as soon as the map is started. For a whiel arty won't damage the base as it's inside the shield.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

except that the weapons wouldn't be THAT damaging. think about it. you have to buy a bomber in the first place anyway, and one of these is the equivilant of say, 2 or 3 runs simultaneously. thats all. It wouldn't destroy an entire flank, though it may kill 2 people at the same time (if napalm is used).

if the seizmic one is used, then the turrets in a large area would be damages, but certainly not destroyed. it's not designed to be an unstoppable, un attackable force that slowly grinds you down (arty). it's just something to give you a boost.

perhaps if FF was enabled for these weapons, it would be much more interesting.

20. Aurora

Napalm should be able to scorch like 20 people - not 2 - at once, if they're all in the same chokepoint, for example. A weapon of mass destruction isn't some little firecracker that "MIGHT kill two guys". As for forcing everybody to go down the same path in research, that's the way it already is with artillery. A WMD dropped from aircraft would be an alternative. Empires is still a very unfinished product, so I don't think anybody can say what fits in the "style" of it, but the addition of WMDs would certainly move it more towards to having multiple paths of research and strategy.

On another note, when Empires becomes more and more complete and once 1.08 is released, I think we're going to see a lot bigger matches, and thus I would expect bigger maps to be played more. The bigger the map is, the better the chances are to survive some surprising, destructive tactic that the enemy starts using. It will be possible to counter artillery with better tanks before it's too late, and it will be possible to build a strong air defense before the enemy drops too many WMDs. In small maps, there should be situations in which starting to research and build aircraft and WMDs would consume so much time and resources that it could result in losing too much ground to the enemy due to the money not being spent to ground forces, and perhaps even in the destruction of the base before aircraft and WMD become available, and ultimately, in defeat.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007