my suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pyro Paul, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

Functional changes.
    diffrent wall types. tall and low/sandbag.

currently many have found it useful to just place Walls which automaticly spawn at 25% their total hight. this low wall provides the excelent cover for infintry and guns. but still allows them to fire outward with out obstruction. making a cheaper more cost effective version like Sand bags could prove very useful to a team in constructing defences. as well as producing teir defeces.

Towers and Gates.

Tall standing constructed walls often provide a Safe zone for the enemy as they sit at the base of the walls You built. a Watch tower (slightly taller than the wall) could provide infintry to see down these walls and take away that cover. also when a team constructs a wall a vehical, or even infintry, can not get through even if it is Their wall. a gate will fix this.

Mannable emplacements.

Sometimes automated guns just can't cut it. what is needed is a skillfull player with a keen eye. an emplacement turret would have slightly stronger weapons than a standard turret but would also (like tanks) would have a heat sink bar.

Tank's life.

Tanks can die too easly when hitting things like walls. a tank hitting a wall at full speed will instantly destroy the tank.

weapon changes
    new weapons-
    Grenade launcher for grenadeer. a 5 tubed revolving chamber grenade launcher. the grenades are slightly less effective than hand grenades, but they bounce like hand grenades. takes a long time to reload.
    Anti Material Rifle- Scout gets sniper rifle, which can damage the light armor of light vehicals, Turrets, and buildings more easly, say it uses something like EM shock to damage the electronics, that way it is useless against infintry.
    Metal Slug shotgun- shoots a solid metal slug. for engineer, effective best against turrets. does normal damage to infitry.
    Chaffer Grenades for scouts- makes turrets not work for several seconds. much like how smoke can cover you from accurate sniper fire, chaffers cover you from accurate turret first
    better body armor- for better protection, supplied to rifle men

New abilities-
    Adreniline rush- as you take damage your stanima increases.
    Combat cocktail- nano/bio (defined diffrently for each faction)serum which can be used in a pinch to give the player 75% health back and full stanima.
    (next few abilities go with things mentioned above)
    Scout- armor recognition- can see the weak spots in armor plating, Anti material rifle now damages the plating of heavier vehicals like tanks, takes several shots but is now possible to destroy a tank.
    Grenadeer- Proximity fuse. grenade explodes when it gets near an enemy turret or person.
    Engineer- combat training. primary and secondary weapons are reloaded slightly faster and do slightly more damage. most notiable on the Metal Slug shotgun.
    Flakk Jacket training- Body armor and better body armor further reduce damage obtained from grenades, and other explosives.

Asthetic changes

Driver in vehicals which can show player doesn't have a 'sit' animation.

Show damage of destroyed objects, instead of just 'chared' remains.

Grenades from 'Grenade launcher' on APC need smoke trail to see where they go.

Aiming cross hairs for vehicals.

change view of vehicals to better represent that you are inside one.

well that was bit long.
    feel free to comment.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

welcome to the forums :)

I like some of your ideas, some of them are already mentioned and 1 or 2 already or partly implimented, for instance the 2nd grenade type (its 5 am, forgot the name for a sec) of the scout can blind a turret for a few seconds.

I love the idea of giving a grenade launcher to the grenadier, grenade launchers imo have always been the most fun and challenging weapon to use.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

vehicles have crosshairs already? =o

And vehicle huds will make it in eventually :)

4. Deiform

Deiform Member

Grenade launchers are awesome, might be a bit of a spam weapon in flag maps though.....depends how well balanced they are.

Not too sure about the armour for riflemen though, kinda makes them hard to kill if you're anything else other than.....a rifleman.

5. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

i mean specilized cross hairs which will aid in your shooting. kinda like how the Mortar for the grenadeer has a range finding cross hair.

6. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Anybody here played Forgotten Hope? They allowed you to switch to tank sights while driving a tank, and it worked pretty well. It's kind of like an iron sight except for a tank.

7. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

more suggestions.

Turtle shelling.

Basicly it is an Umbrella to defend in later game against things like enemy arty. it can be defined diffrenly from either nation. it would be defined as producing an electronic force feild which would prematurely detonate High explosives that enter it. it can be made workable by simply having it have a smalls structure (like a post or pole) how ever it has a huge hit box. the shell in turn damages the structure (meaning these shells wont last for ever) but it keeps the base reltively safe from arty fire.

the only major problem with this at the moment is that you can build any where, so a few of these on the front line means your tanks are temporarly invunrable. there should be a restriction on these so that you either have to build it close to a larger structure or you can't just randomly place it out in the open.

its just an idea to even out arty because i just got out of a map where their entire team had arty and where hitting us from behind a hill our base. most of us just died instantly when we spawned and even if we got to the vehical factory (while it was still up) the vehical would be nearly dead by the time it got near any action.

call it spite for arty.

8. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

You know, that idea has been pitched before :). A sort of energy bubble to shield from said arty strikes. It's very understandable why you'd like a sort of counter to artillary strikes, being shelled is no fun. But right now there doesn't seem to be a feasable way to protect bases from constant shelling.

Anyway, a grenade launcher would be nice. There's a noticable launcher attachement on the BE Rifle. The BE rifleman also can launch grenades, and the NF get some single shot, stand alone weapon that could complement the riflemen or grenadiers.

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

if you're leet you could shoot shells out of the air with your mortar

10. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

or any MG that hurts tanks

11. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

You can already shoot down rockets if you are quick enough, so I would assume it works for mortars as well.

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Bodrick, I'm not sure if you caught what dizzy said

That would be quite the shot.

13. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

technicly mortar shells from the grenedeer are rockets.

and because it is using the HL2 engine all rockets will choose a random path if shot by a ballistic weapon. although it is intresting to watch a motar shell do the missle thing.

im not sure about tank shells and arty shells though. i think those act like a giant grenade...

more suggestions

Vehical physics.

each vehical needs to have weight added to them to make them more resilent to things like shells and grenades. i am really tired of a lone guy in a jeep rushing a base and havin 2 mines that Flip the command vehical. i think the command vehical (because it has the most armor) should also be nearly impossible to flip because of hand held explosives.

- also on that note. Vehical bumper cars and vehical to vehical physics.
    1- a jeep going at top notch speed that runs into a Heavy tank going at top notch speed should be scrap.
    2- certian vehicals should have more push power behind them depending on their weight and engine cass. ie, the Heavy tank should be able to push light tank/apc wreckages out of its way, not get caught up on them. and a jeep shouldn't be able to stop a tank dead in its tracks.

New vehical weapons
    20mm AP gun.(3 slot) large caliber machine gun that shoots 20mm slugs. it has an extreamly slow fire rate but is highly accurate, does light damage against vehicals and buildings. ment to be used on the APC.

40mm grenade launcher(2 slot)- impact. faster trajectory and dosent bounce, does the same damage as a grenade, but acts more like a shell.

heavy grenade. (3 slot)- a more powerful and longer ranged version of the orginal grenade launcher. like the orginal it bounces around before exploding.

new personal weapons.
    grenades
    -40mm Gas grenade. a low grade neuro toxin that slowly damage peoples that are inside the cloud, stacks with 1 other (only can be hurt by 2 maximum, so spaming it is a waste) also does not effect structures or vehicals.

-40mm EMP grenade. creates a strong electrical surge which damages Only electronics(buildings/vehicals). people are not effected at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Definately agree with the vehicle physics thing. does this mean it needs a lot more tourque or something?

I would like to see a smoke grenade launcher for the APC too. it would really fit in as the APC is for Infantry support. If the firerate was slow, so the max grenades that would be armed was 3, that would be ok, right?

15. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

well yeah. torque is really an under lining issue at the moment because a lot of the vehicals just seem too weak to be hauling a Nuclear Reactor core in their engine.

also the HL2 engine has a real problem at making vehicals go fast. often they are hard to control (try driving a jeep on the desial as a scout with the speed unlock.) often when i drive too fast it feels like i am driving the speed boat from HL2 single player...

but i am sure every one here has encountered times where your APC or tank has just stalled tring to go up a slow incline and you feel like snails are out runing you.

but i think (when ever it all gets sorted out) that each engine block should have diffrent advantages and disadvantages in this catagory too. for instance, a Desial engine would have no problem trecking up a hill on a tank, where as the eletric engine would have an incredably hard time doing the same thing. like a new catagory...
    speed, heat out put, cool rate, Power.

and power is how much force is put to ground so you can get faster cooler but has less power, or you can get more powerful engines which means you can almost scale walls in your tank, but they have a high heat out put and low speed.

16. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

it's not really the engine that makes driving difficult, it's the vehicle code the HL2 buggy uses (and subsequently, the code empires vehicles uses)

17. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

that is mostly true, but the engine that allows vehicals to atain faster speeds really makes this fault in the vehical physics evedient. on any vehical with the standard engine, or even any engine that has generally the same speed will work perfectly fine. how ever, slab on one of the higher out put engines (desiel for instance) apcs and light tanks become hard to control, add the scout +vehical speed Even the heavy tank will some times be hard to controll as you kereen into walls losing most all of your armor before you even get into the battlefield.

18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

vehicles used to damage things durring collisions, but due to bug (i assume thats why) the feature was taken out.

19. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

It lagged like a biaatch, if my memory server right.