My points on Empires

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Caelorum, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I'm arguing that my argument stands and that you misinterpreted it, you counterargue by saying I shouldnt use that argument cause its speculation
    Basicly we're not getting anywhere with this talk

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

obviously we dont ...

3. Caelorum

Caelorum Member

I do wish you all would reread my opening post with an open mind. I regret pointing out some tangible problems as that was not the point I was trying to make. Flasche summed it up real good in that the game feels like it is missing a single art direction. A unifying theme, something to rally behind for both developers as well as (and even more importantly) the players in-game. I just wanted to point out the subtle influence this has on the game itself. What the developers do with this is up to them, although it would be fun to read what they have to say on that topic.

I also wanted to avoid getting in a discussion about player count because that should not be on your mind as a game developer. If the game is fun and you make it known to the world the players will come. It really is as simple as that. As it is now the game is not fun when you just start out. This has various causes, but at least one is the steep learning curve together with the unforgiving game that is Empires. On that I think we can all agree. In the past with the community we had that was covered up a bit. There were enough players willing to help, but they've almost all moved on with their lives sadly.

I have to say I also regret writing that second half of the opening post. I was warned that this might happen, but I feel you're focussing on the wrong points I tried to make.

Now let's all just be civilized in here, please. You can leave the bickering and one-line posts for the chatbox.

I have to reformulate this! I can't remember that sticky event, but ofc. I still remember you! ^^

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016