My Empires Videos

Discussion in 'General' started by PJB, Jul 19, 2006.

1. PJB

PJB Member

Hey, i just uploaded the second of my random Empires Videos (laced with GK propoganda) so i thought i'd post a link to my youtube account so you guys can watch them and tell me how sad and retarded they are.. :P

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarthPJB

[/edit] the second one is still prossessing so it will be a minite [edit]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  2. PJB

PJB Member

ok i just checked it, the new vid is up..

3. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok, I watched all of your vids, and I think the "Empire Video" is the best. Although the text was a little random, and wasn't very fluent. It had a neat plot, and you had actual voice acting, something that usually is hard to find.

The tank rush video was ok, but it wasn't very interesting to watch :(
    Escape from Freespace was funny, but it jumped around a lot. What was that thing at the end!?! The Terminator Drone thing!?
    Also, in the matrix fight, I couldn't really see how it was a matrix fight... maybe the quality of the vid...

Oh, and you shouldn't double post :D

4. PJB

PJB Member

the matrix fight was basicaly just a joke between me and crow it's 'matrix' because of the retarded bullet time we kept using, and the freespace thing was ment to be about that drone thing killing crowman (while he dodged it) but he quit the game before we got half the film done, so i hashed that gother..
    the tank rush was litteraly just for the guys who where part of it, i promiced them i'd make a video so it would never be forgotton.

as for my main video it's basicaly what i was able to get together with the guys on my server for an hour or so filming a few scenes, the text and stuff wasn't very fluent due to the fact it was an afterthought at 3am and i'md dyslexic. i hope to make a much better (20 minite +) litteraly movie using empires some time soon.

5. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Sounds good, maybe we should hook up on a server, I've been meaning to start work on my second video, but I'm low on HD space, and I'm supposed to be working on a DVD of my vacation in Utah :/

6. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Loved both your vids dude, the tank rush in the first one? Hah, you can tell that comm was thinking "Oh SHIT".

Second one? Good too, mind if I give some criticism? Of course you don't.

First off, when the you and your buds were reinacting basic drill movements, the drill sargent kept saying "Left turn!" "Right turn!" etc. They don't say 'turn', the word you were looking for is 'face' (Left face, right face, you get the idea)
    Minor detail, but yeah.

I loved how you and your teamates were driving the jeep through tank lances shooting each other, very cinematic. Then y'all made that push through the dam? Hah, if only a typical round of Empires was that intense :(

I wasn't expecting that much quality (IE: Effort) in those vids, you deserve a cookie :)

7. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

was fun to make tho
    lmao @ some kid called lamar who kept fucking everything up :D
    (and does most of the time)

8. PJB

PJB Member

well i'd be happy to team up with you making a film.
    and as for wizzy, the drill bit was ment to be a longer more intresting thing, as was the hole film, and yeah, i couldn't be assed to put massive effort into something 5 mintes long.

but as i said i want to make a 20 minite+ war epic!

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

You broke my Bandwidth!

10. =GK= Minako

=GK= Minako Member

Awwwwwwwwwww :) Find more. It'll be worth it.

11. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Heh, I was in that tankrush. That was a lot of fun.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that video is incredible. show it to anyone who wants to play the game and they will play imidiately.

13. Angry

Angry Junior Member

hehe, looks good

14. PJB

PJB Member

thanks sandbag, when (if) i ever get a full epic done i hope that the mod team can use it to increase publicity about the game.

15. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

What program do you use to capture the gameplay cause I would like to try a WWII style propaganda movie using Empires.

16. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

he uses fraps

17. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

Thanks and I just press F9 to start recording if im correct, hopefully I'll have it done by the end of this summer!