Move Up!

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by FN198, Feb 17, 2011.

1. FN198

FN198 Member

dear pubbers,

why do you always turtle? what is it about that poorly placed turret that you think deserves half a match washing and polishing? why am i always yelling for you to move up, telling you that the enemy is dead and that it's safe? maybe i could venture a guess that you think your virtual life is valuable. maybe you promised yourself that you'd get off and get on whatever you were procrastinating on after you died one more time. maybe you think that its futile to try to gain ground. maybe you think that we will lose what you're "defending" right now if you move up and attack. im sorry to say this but your body is better off as another distraction in battle than it ever would be in any pathetic attempt at defending a point we already had.

inb4 mad,
    fn

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. complete_

complete_ lamer

move up is my third most used voice command after affirmative and negative

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

my third most used voice command is i need ammo

4. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

My 1st used command:

I need ammo

2nd:

I need ammo

3rd,4th,5th,6,7,8,9th:

I need ammo

Occasionally: I need heals.

5. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

yeah man, totally

6. communism

communism poof

ahhh
    the life of a gren

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I can actually agree with FN's sentiments. No-one seems to want to push. It's like I have to drag them kicking and screaming just to get them to push up. All they want to do is sit holding the line. Makes me rage.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

1st
    ammo
    2nd
    heals
    3rd
    aircraft support.

9. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Air sup.

All the way across the sky.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

As a new player I see how huge these maps are and notice that I can go prone and use a scoped sniper rifle with a fucking invisible skill!! So I try to stay back and snipe people but I don't really get many kills, and it gets boring fast and hella people are yelling at me so I just stop playing the game and free up the 5 gigabytes it takes up on my computer.

11. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

The Scout class has always been our protection against Counter Strike fans. Without the Scout class, I shudder to think what Empires could be today.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Sorry if I am misunderstanding your point I am very tired..

So with a shitty sniper class we are keeping away hundreds of thousands of potential players? If it was useful(impossible not enough cover like in BF or BREACH type games for the map sizes) or just removed people would be almost forced to move uo unless they were AFK knowing there weapons are better on the front lines instead of miles away...
    '

13. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

i think he's saying "i'm glad that css noobs use the scout rifle because if they used the normal rifles that are infinitely better then they would kill everyone and we would realize that all the existing "good" riflemen or grenadiers or engineers actually suck because they get insta headshotted to death by super leet css players"

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

nah we got plenty of riflewhores as it is, I don't thinking having would ruin any gameplay.. This is why grens got such a resistance ala body armor(should have more natural speed just like every other class) to the bullets.. Plus tanks pretty much make rifles useless except for maps like streetsforhire

15. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

My death count is actually a measurement on how good the team moves up. Im so used to constantly moving up that I often find myself surounded by enemys cause my team decided to camp behind that wall forever.

16. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

U can tell the amount of n00bs on the server, by looking up how many fully build walls are placed per team.

n00b + engi-tool = fully build walls everywhere
    fully build walls everywhere = immersion
    immersion = better overall game experience
    more n00bs == better game.
    :)

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

give some nice squad skills that only work when you are sprinting

for example, a rifleman squad skill, when used you have 60 seconds that for as long as you sprint, you get a 25% hp boost, a 25% hp regen boost, and a 25% accuracy boost, stop sprinting and the effect immediate drops, start again and it comes back

this way people will rush more i think
    call it stim packs

18. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Yeah, moving up is essential everytime the situation allows it,
    but always keep in mind, if it's a 2 frontline situation: ppl who are tired of dying will suddenly spawn on the winning front and vice versa, so keep an eye on the minimap, or you might loose the same you gain by pushing the enemy back on the other front.
    So basically, if you want to camp, go to the weakest frontline to do so. :rolleyes:

19. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

U explain what I have learned as "always be there where the enemy is not."

20. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

If you want to profit from that effect blizzard, you'd only have a very small cone to shoot since you always move 4 parts straight and one part to a side whilst sprinting + strafing. That again means you'd have to charge nearly directly towards the enemy. If he has some cover, the 25% more HP would help you to survive his bullets. Tenth a second longer.

Also 25% hp regen boost is nothing if you originally have 0 HP regen.