Mouse Button 'Undocumented Feature'

Discussion in 'Support' started by DeadlyDad, Jan 18, 2008.

1. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

One 'bug' I would like to mention only because I would like it to stay is that if you hold down the mouse button, bring up a menu (e.g. the class selection screen), let go of the mouse button, then exit the screen, the mouse button is still considered to be held down, even though it isn't. While this behavior is useless to most classes, for the engineer it is priceless, because it lets you do other things while building/repairing, both in game and out. For example, the other day when our base was getting pounded, I left my guy in the barracks, fixing it, while I answered the phone. When I came back five minutes later, it was still standing, though I was out of energy.

I realize that it is an exploit, but it is so minor that it doesn't unbalance the game at all. It simply make life as a engineer easier, so please just leave it alone.

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It was found a very long time ago, and i recall Krenzo trying to fix it, but it didn't get fixed.

3. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thats a bug?
    I really love this one. Time to relax the fingers.

4. Deiform

Deiform Member

Why exactly are you reporting a bug that you don't want to be fixed? Surely that's like buying a cheeseburger when you're allergic to milk.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

How is this an "exploit?"

6. REX

REX Member

ahem! well since we all like that lets immediately mark it as being a feature and never again call it anything else!

7. Kamber

Kamber Member

Wasn't that what we were doing before deadly dad mentioned it? i say we delete this thread and continue on not thinking this is a bug.

8. communism

communism poof

I love this trick, I customize my vehicle while I'm building the Vehicle Factory. Works great, I hope this doesn't get 'fixed'

9. Caelo

Caelo Member

I recall Krenzo saying it was Valve's fault (again...:P)
    Anyways I'm pretty sure it's the engine not handling VGUIs very well.. Something similar can be found in HL2 as well although in TF2 I think they've fixed it..
    If so this "exploit?" will probably be gone when empires goes ep2 engine

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

which wouldnt change a thing because sticking to +attack isn't an exploit.

11. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

heh, I love that ''bug'' it allows me to keep talk to people at the same time as I do something worth to the team.

''fixing'' it would etheir make me to build the thing , then answer to the questions 5 minutes later and people will wonder wtf I'm speaking about.

12. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Its an 'accidental feature' lol.

13. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

...For the simple reason that, sure as anything, some whiner would complain to the devs about it, and I didn't want it to get 'fixed' before those who like it have a chance to express their opinion.