Motivational speech

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BitterJesus, Jun 4, 2012.

1. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Nobody said it would be easy. Nobody told you it would come in a day. Nobody implied that success will knock on your door.
    You will take hours working your ass off, just to see the slightest mprovement. You will sweat and become exhausted to better yourself...You will give up. You'll think it's pointless. You'll just want the struggle to end, you'll want to be in the comfort of your home, watching TV and eating Cheetos and blaming your genetics for your appearance. And when you grow old and frail, and you grand kids will ask you "Gramps, what did you do in your life?"... And you'll have nothing...
    NOTHING... to be proud of.

Is this what you want? Fine, go sit on that couch, and be just like the rest of them, hoping for a miracle to come true, and blaming your luck and not be willing to do a damn thing about yourself. Nobody will call you vain for trying to improve your appearance. Nobody will call you obsessed for dedicating your time to yourself. Wanna know the worst part? Nobody will call you... anything. Because you'll be just a distant memory of someone's conversation about "that loser that didn't amount to anything in life".

The only difference between you, and the best you can be, is will. The will to struggle. The will to fail and get up again. The will to know that the only way to achieve greatness in life is to drag yourself through tears and pain to the pedestal of success.

Nobody said it would be easy. Nobody told you it would come in a day. But if you think success comes to people that do nothing but wait for it...

You will have nothing to tell your grand children.

Get out.

Train.

Eat.

Repeat.

This is my own written stuff. Similar to 4chans shit. Tell me if you guys think this stuff's any good.

2. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

3. Empty

Empty Member

4. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Damn right I'm awesome.

You all suck, enjoy sucking.

5. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Thanks for the feedback guise :/

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I've been training pretty hard for the last six months because I'm going to enlist in two and I can tell for sure that getting started is the easiest part, sure you will have the most trouble when you begin because chances are you are horribly out of shape but even then, it's not hard to do some push ups or run some laps every day. The hardest part is keeping it up, being consistent with your traning and not losing your motivation when you don't get immediate effects.

Now that I read it again I realise you weren't exactly talking about physical fitness but whatever, the same concept applies to most things in life, success won't be handed to you on a silver platter, you gotta work for it. Unless you were born into rich family.

As for the speech itself, it is alright, I'm sure it will make some people think. Personally, I don't really like it. Why is it it that people think it's absolutely necessary to be different than others? Or to leave some kind of proof that they were alive? People should stop concerning themselves with that and do what they enjoy. If it's sitting infront of the computer playing games all day long then that's fine, if they can afford doing that, good for them.

8. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Newbie gains keep you motivated for a few weeks and by then hopefully you're disciplined enough to keep it up. When you're operating at your peak, gains come way slower, especially with lifting, but it's worth it as a way of life.
    IMO you can't have mental fitness without physical fitness and vice versa.

That being said, Bitterjesus you're a tryhard fag and nobody cares what you do. This 4chan shit is really dumb too, I wish you'd stop dragging it here.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  9. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Nothing because you didn't go to the gym? This doesn't really fit in. You can't equate a life's achievement that you can pass on by simply being fit and lifting heavy shit. It might be difficult to achieve, it might require a lot of work, and it's something you yourself can be proud of, but it's certainly nothing you'd "tell the grandkids about". That's kind of sad.

In relation to fitness, idk, when I was running before I went away snowboarding, to get my fitness up, I got the gains pretty damn quick, even though I didn't bother going back to it after I came back. I wasn't aiming for strength or looks or any shit, just fitness, and it worked pretty well, just building up a running distance 3 times a week.

11. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Pshhh, it's not even hard. Just go to the gym. Find someone on your level. Push it. rinse, repeat.

Who the hell is space oddity, and why is he awesome?

12. Zeke

Zeke Banned

... when ur old and shit, all ur gonna tell about ur life is that u were fit?

rofl.

13. Trickster

Yeah that's my point, it doesn't have quite the same ring to it as snorting cocaine off the tits of some hookers.

14. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

I am sort of referring to fitness, but I also wanna make it sound like it can be applied to anything. But thanks for the feedback, I'll try to make it appealing to the masses, not just people who want to have a family etc.

I didn't mean "I'll tell my kids that I worked out" it's more like "because I worked out and improved myself and gained opportunities"

Thanks for the feedback

troll

Look above

thanks for the feedback

15. Space_Oddity

16. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

He is the coolest dickhead you'll ever know. :cool:

*EDIT*

bich u posted before me now my post is unfunny and shit and fucjk D:

17. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Over here, we just call them all hipsters.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  18. Space_Oddity

Fooshi, why you gotta be like this. I'm clean shaven, my bike has 24 gears and I listen to pop music.

19. Trickster

[​IMG]

20. Space_Oddity

I listen to jazz/underground/hipster shit too but I do own a Lady Gaga album or two.