More vehicles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by -=GODS=-EZEKIEL, Jan 27, 2008.

1. -=GODS=-EZEKIEL

-=GODS=-EZEKIEL Member

Vehicle idea thread:
    Post ideas for vehicles; simple enough.

EMP tank: Remember the chinese EMP vehicle in C&C generals?

Construction vehicle: A slow (but faster than running on foot) tank with a super short range, 2x calculator. Will encourage players to just go around building turrets and walls.

Hover tank: Some sort of tank that could go over water at the cost of weapons/armor. Expensive, but slighlty slower than a light tank and with hovercraft physics.

Observation tank: Mobile radar/camera with single-slot MG and single-slot armor.

Field guns: Sxactly what is said in the sticky of this forum.

Antlion horse: Just for laffs. My antlion ideas are well known here.

More vehicles means more variety, which I think is fun. Having 3 tanks that do everything and your breakfast is bland; it certainly must not be a long term plan to leave it this way. I HATE when ideas are shot down simply because there is an existing alternative. If you dont like someones idea, let it be because you think it's stupid; not unnecessary.

2. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

I don't know how hard it would be to create with the HL2 engine, but what I would really love is a Lego-style VF, where you pick your chassis (wheeled/treaded/aircraft/hover/walker/etc.), choose from various addons (1/2/4/8/etc. passenger cab/ML/MG/cannon/engine/radar/etc., with each weapon fixed/slaved to 1st position/separately manned/auto-targeting/etc.), and choose your armor. It then generates a vehicle model based on those components, with the appropriate physics profile. (...or just links all of the separate models together - I'm not sure it that is possible or not.)

3. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I'd rather have aircraft and boats then just some gimmicky tanks that don't do much. That applies to all except the hovertank. That would actually add a significant gameplay feature

4. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Me too. That's why nobody has mentioned 'gimmicky tanks that don't do much'. :rolleyes: BTW, my first choice for a hover vehicle would be the CV. No losing battles to CV's in a watery grave FTW!!!

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

Amphibious > hover. :P

6. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Actually, that would probably be better and more canon for the CV. You could escape from regular tanks by crossing a river, etc., but not quickly.

7. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

chooseing ur chassis would take a fuck lode of codeing

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Are you not that guy that posted that "MORE BUILDINGS" thing?

Hey how long till the "MORE GUNS" thread ^^ ^^ ^^

My problems is that theres no use for the old tanks if you have researched the bigger chassis (ok the nf lt is always good :) ) but if theres a research to put a hover modul on a lt or emp or bla bla bla they may be usefull till endgame

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Canon means "fits in the story", why would this fit or not fit in the story? It has to fit in the Empires universe, not just the story.

10. petemyster

petemyster Member

the only idea i like is the construction vehicle. In late game no one can be arsed building stuff and they just wanna fight, which means there are loads of unbuild turrets and the enemy ninja walks into your base and ends it. This vehicle would solve it. It should be expensive and have 3X engineer tools, so its worth its money

11. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Yeah, I guess that 'canon' isn't quite the right word. 'Appropriate' would be a better fit. I was referring to the fact that the mass of the CV wouldn't work well for hover tech. (Unless we can expect Hammer's Slammers to start fighting for one side. :))

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Model it, texture it, wrap it, and I'm sure the dev team will consider coding it. possibly.

13. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Lord, if you only knew how many projects I'm juggling right now, you wouldn't even be suggesting it. :rolleyes:

14. newguy

newguy Member

There should be hovercrafts. They should be more expensive than an APC, but cheaper than a small tank. They should only be able to hold a 1 slot machine gun. However, they can go over any surface and water.

15. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

The hovercraft MG should be on top and manable like this perfect (cus its british) brit army hovercraft:

[​IMG]

16. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

That would create some big lol-factor. But yea, it could be REALLY useful :D .

17. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I actually only like the construction vehicle. It would be really good, but don´t make more expensive than a lt.
    EMP-tanks? There are already plasma-cannons.

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

the cheap version would be to give vec´s a slot for special equipment. A building device could be such a thing. It would weight enough that you cant place any weapons on you apc

19. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  20. -=GODS=-EZEKIEL

-=GODS=-EZEKIEL Member

Nono, it should be more expensive than a light. It should be between heavy and medium in cost. It should have the same weapons as a medium, and same armor as a light.