More Variety between NF and BE

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Falchion, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Falchion

Falchion Member

I know that there has to be a direct relationship between the two factions that it does not alienate players but there should be a few off beat additions between NF and BE that make a clear distinction between the two of them that are used more commonly than the pistols.

A new vehicle like a BE mobile fort. Has multiple viewpoints for infantry to shoot out of and acts as mobile cover.

A new improvement to the NF jeep: a mounted machine gun. Nothing says guerilla than a fast attack jeep. But make the jeep hull weaker, I dont believe anything that looks like a car should be able to take more than 1-2 shots from a tank shell.

Distinct classes (will be a bitch though)

Specific attachments to BE and NF assault rifles. (choice of extended clip, grenade launcher, etc that gives distinct flavor to both factions.)

Please improve the NF heavy rifle ironsight. It's only one pixel thin, and I still cant see where the bullet hits. (not relevant)

+ Variety is the spice of life
    + Allows for a more distinct preference of a faction.
    + More strategies

- Balancing. Again
    - New models and such
    - May encourage stacking

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No because it's horrible for balance.

If it were somehow possible to balance two different sides then I'd have no problem with it, but considering how long it took to balance the existing sides I have no desire to see that fucked over for the sake of 'variety'. If you want variety you can add the same new things to both sides, that's easier to balance and gives everyone access to more things.

Different sides simply encourages people to stack the side they like, for example I refuse to play aliens in natural selection.

3. zenarion

zenarion Member

Yes, because this would be fun.
    It's not like this game has ever been balanced, so why bother?
    Every release brings with it a new "research path" that seasoned comms use, takes and suddenly, one team is overpowered until the new patch.
    Add this for variety, eye candy, and fun.

4. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

This might be workable as a "team upgrade", as long as both sides get the same options. Once the team has a total of 200 points, they get a team upgrade

There is still the issue of balancing high dmg/low reload with low dmg/low reload.
    Heavy mk2: BE gets an extra 2 slot missle, NF gets an extra 3 slot cannon.
    /balanced issue fixed

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Balance is fine in version 2.24.

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You want about 20 new threads about unbalance? :)

7. zenarion

zenarion Member

There will be 20 new threads about imbalanced shit even if nothing happens.