more variaty of 1 slot weapons

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by angry hillbilly, Feb 9, 2008.

1. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I feel that it can be very annoying when u are in a LT or AFV and all u can have r the same weapons. I think to add more variaty there should be more 1 slot weapons for things like the LT:

Pros:
    Adds a more variaty of weapons
    Diffent weapons for differant situations in early game
    Dont know what to expect from your opponents

Cons:
    Balance issues
    May not get reaserched cus people have a standed order of recherching

Alternative:
    Dont have them

The Hillbilly has spoken :)

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

So um.

Any actual suggestions for your suggestion?

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Heres a few ideas for 1 slot reaserchs:

Auto Cannon: would have high rate of fire but lower damage that normal cannon. would be good for harrasing the enemy with NF LT.

Low Heat Cannon: Would have a low heat produce but does less damage.

Thinking of more

4. Beerdude26

Lol that reminds me of this video by RPG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbd4od64neI

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Auto Cannon would give the afv a edge. Because it can hit the light tank easily and in a light tank, driving at high speed you have to aim for every shoot precisly so you cant shoot fast enough to have a advantage of a faster shooting
    cannon

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

7. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

so my ideas already gona be implamented then.

I serched 1 slot cannons and stuff but came up with nothing.

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

maybee... just search for "empires brenodi" "empires mod" in google and you find
    many pictures of stuff never implemented.

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

err yeh about those...
    I sort of removed them in favour of "low weight" weaponry, but who knows, I might go for the micro weapons again, at the time it fit in with me making new icons, and just bumping all slot sizes up by 1 then the low weight could instead be 1 slot micro cannons, but I fail at making icons and decided to keep it simple, save myself some time and balance them on just being low weight variations of weaponry.

10. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

I think if new 1 slot weapons are added, they should "push" other weapons higher into the tech tree a bit, that way should someone want, HE for example. They'll have to research a 1 slot weapon beforehand so it's harder to get "uber" weapons quickly and provides a bit of a longer early game going on. I hate it when games end quickly because someone rushed HE and Comp.

This would also add the ability to have more weapons aswell. Which would be great imo.

11. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Once Krenzo gets a full aircraft to play with Im going to turn my attention to makeing the current vehics look better. While Im at it Im going to make alternate turrets for completly new chasis. So there could be a tank killer varient for the light tank that has almost no armor but a huge freaking cannon. That sort of thing. Me and Krenz have talked about it.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Just some thoughts..

I reckon we could pretty easily have 1slot version of guided and homing missiles without any balance problems - let them do similar damage as standard ML's, but with the research involved, it would compensate - e.g 200/250 res to research, could compensate for a whole fleet of LT's with guided.

We could probably have salvo's like this too (although mebbe that's pointless due to rof?)...and maybe a small version of a bio ML which would do the same amount of Bio damage as the BIO MG, but with a 50 weight or so...could research at 400ish res.

I don't think this would cause much of a balance issue...because they'd only have a small damage factor with mainly perks like guidability, homing or bio damage as extra for the research. They'd have to be more expensive to equip tho...and possibly the bio version might need some testing.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

field gun!

i can't put into words how cool it is.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Autocannon autocannon autocannon!

High speed lowish damage 1 slot cannon, works slightly better than the standard cannon in terms of DPS and is much easier to use, is an advanced bit of kit (perhaps acquired with railguns) moves very fast with no dropoff, probably would need a special bit of code support, and would look just like a whitish line.

Think the BOFORS gun in company of heroes opposing fronts.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  15. Moose

Moose Member

Maybe a mini-mortar for early game arty :pathetic:

16. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

my main want is an auto cannon because its a kinda good harrasing gun for things like light tanks. It will be an infanty ownage and good for putting a bit of a chink in AFV's armour. :D Also I think it needs to just be small shells you cant see like the halo sniper rife fire just a white line like Chris0123' said

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

My egoistic beeing dont wants stuff that kills Awesometank ak light tank. ^^

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Just put 1 slot versions of current 2 slot guns; weaker the the big brother, but stronger the the standard one... Get both when ressearched HE for example (Almost no coding; through Dizzy will have a field day balancing it all :P)

19. Beerdude26

HE UML LT's? D:

20. Vaun

Vaun Member

Autocannon? Isnt the hemg pretty much that, but as a machine gun? Maby letting engis customise weapons on turrets, a lvl2 with hemg that could also target tanks!:D But then again micro guns would be drown out when the tiny tanks carrying them go up in big flames.