Model requests!

Discussion in 'General' started by Bodrick, Jun 13, 2007.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

LEAVE THEM OUT! the new system would be better than a lag inducing husk of metal.

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Has anyone made any more models yet?

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

There would have to be some way to remove them, perhaps deconstructing them to recycle some resources. If they stayed forever, some places (I'm thinking canyon) could get blocked up very quickly.

Anyway, how laggy would it be if they were just converted into static objects? They wouldn't move when you drive into them, but at least they'd use up fewer resources.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

they wouldn't stay there forever, but instead of a time limit they would either be destroyed by calculators (quickly) or explosives (slowly, exactly like with walls)

also, they would dissapear once the server got to the carcuss cap, so you would never have more carcusses on the server than the server could deal with.

I think this could really work :)

5. Slasher

Slasher Member

This what I got on the NF light tank:

A before and after pic
    test1.jpg

there are 22 gibs, 5 of then solid but will only be solid in singleplayer games. This will not work on the internet sever but will work on offline games, I did that in half-life 2.

This still need to be programmed in the game before it will work in empires.
    Download light_tank_gibs.zip

6. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Haha, thats awesome :D

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

why is there no tank turret?

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

The turret is a separate model. It'd be cool to see the barrel snap, and maybe the hatch cover fall off.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that looks great, except having all of the back axel with wheels seems too much. any chance that that could be made into 3 or two models?

10. Petko

Petko Member

i can do thousands of small pieces like these parts (plate, driving wheel, tank, hydrodynamic torque converter)
    my problem is, i dont know shit about source, and how to complie models in it.., and also what are the limitations for these parts (quads ngons or just triangles? can i use subdiv or just polygonal? and how many then? should i bake normal maps on simple models? )
    i can export to major formats like max, maya, lightwave, obj
    [​IMG]

11. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

Good job slasher looks great *Tries to step back into the forum scene like he never left*