Moar Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rexz, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Rexz

Rexz Member

Ok I got some

You know how the NF are short on supplies?

I was wondering if the NF can have motolov cocktail... o.o

It should cover a small section of an area, big enough to stop infantry or make it harder for them to look over to the other side. When thrown on vehicles, it should only damage it a little bit, but it will make smoke which can blur the vision of the driver. So the use of the cocktail is to

1. Provide fire and a bit of smoke to prevent infantry to cross or see over part of the area
    2. Damage infantry when they are in the fire
    3. If thrown near an infantry, it will deal damage over time for a few seconds. This wont work if you throw it and only a bit of the fire hit them, you gotta hit near them or directly on them for this to happen.
    4. "Blind" vehicles, dealing a bit of dmg to them and the fire and smoke should cover part of their screen so they will have a bit difficulty driving.

I know this can be a bit powerful if use correctly, but you should make it harder to control, here is how. Make it so when you set the cocktail, you have few seconds to take out the lighter and light it up, so deployment take a bit of time. Throwing should be medium to a short distance, can't be too long like the other grenades. Once lit, you have 5 seconds before it reach the bottle and explode, so once set up, you have 5 (or more) seconds to throw it, and if you throw it in the last second, it will explode prematurely while in the air.

Another idea I have is for more interactive environment, that's right. I wanna see Volcano shoot fireball at people, I wanna see bots that act as beast that attack any players (is this possible?), I wanna see more maps with this feature. The environment can be a blessing, or hell depending on the map.

Also, do we have a sugession for more bush cover? Usualy in some map, cover behind a bush is a nice way for someone to ambush uncautious players. If we can have more vegitation to hide behind, such as grass, bush, plants in general, this could get really interesting.

This topic also bring up to another suggestion, do we have people asking for a jungle map yet? I would like to see something like that. A jungle map with some patches of land that provide room to build structure, but the rest will be cover in bushes, trees, and a huge system of vine bridges connecting from tree to tree. This will have a lot of fire fight on the low ground and high tree top as well, enemies can be anywhere. Hidding behind bushes, up on the trees. There can be path for vehicle as well, but it can be hell for vehicle on this map, because enemies can attack them with rocket from the bushes and they will have no idea where they are. And if they try to go into the bushes they might get blown up by hidden mines. A jungle map will give a lot of advantages to infantry, and will be really interesting in my opinion.

2. Andariel

Andariel Member

Jungle maps, yes, please, jungle maps.
    I wanna wake up at night sweating "theyre everywhere fuckign everwhere" *paranoid faces and shivering*

actually these where the only reason i got bf vietnam

3. davee magee

davee magee Member

i want more suggestions
    <filler>

4. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Jungle maps... ooh, the mere idea makes me drip with happiness. Done right, with a 'Nam-like jungle, with plenty of fjords and inlets and rivers to make boats a great use, dark, damp environments where the enemy could spring up at any moment, ample cover of trees for secret bases, flamethrowers, and... ooh, just about drowned there!

5. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

1. Molotovs: I recommended something like this awhile ago, so naturally, I think this idea is great. HOWEVER It would be REALLY tough to balance this if BE didn't have something at least somewhat similar; such a balancing should be a wide scale all-encompassing project that changed/balanced all elements of the game. However, what I recommended was White Phosphorus grenades, which is pretty much the exact same thing that you suggested, gameplay wise. (I know, i know, they're as different as night and day in real life but then again concussion grenades aren't flashbangs like in empires so :p) Your suggested mechanic is pretty much exactly what I envision. As for differentiating between NF and BE, you could change a few numbers around--- the WPs of the BE might have a smaller radius but more damage, for example. At any rate the BIGGEST threat to these items is the imbalance they cause on conquest maps, where area denial is much more important then in the fluid gameplay of classic maps. Because of this they might have to be a bit weak, but I still like the concept, and I say make em and give em to scouts.

2. Jungle maps: I've bitched about this and I was shot down right away, because the community mapping project is apparently working on EXACTLY this- jungle and ruin map. Idk anything about it, that's the answer they gave me, ask arklansman, solokiller, or the like for more details, or go peruse the mapping forum (i never do b/c i can't map :headshot:)

6. Androc

Androc Member

Molotovs... I'd say you would want to give those a very high area spread, a decent amount of time, but relatively low damage. Not used so much as a weapon, but area denial.

7. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Im pretty sure that there are at least 2 jungles maps being made.

8. Rexz

Rexz Member

Exactly, it's like a smoke grenade, but less smoke, and deal bits of dmg to those who stand on the area. An infantry can easily cross it and still be alive, but a chunk of their health will be gone, and since most people dont want that to happen, it will be an effective weapon. Strike the enemies with fear before you make em eat lead. :D

9. The Buttery Lobster

What about giving the scout the molotov and taking out the sticky stun, seeing as i hate the sticky stun grenade? (It insulted my mother at a party last year)

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Yeah, instead of stun, the engine overheats

11. The Buttery Lobster

the sticky stun stuns the tank by overheating it's engine; but the overheat is literally a few seconds and not enough time for the scout to even get a sufficient distance away to hide. This presents a very impractical situation.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

running towards a tank as scout: suicidal

getting within range to throw where even a quick rotation will instantly kill you: suicidal

stopping a tank firing for 5 seconds: isn't this where i'm meant to say "but it's all worth it"... if only

I think that 10 second stun and/or increased throwing range and/or can only be shot off with small arms, no time limit

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The stun grenade works by zapping the tanks with a bunch of electricity, temporarily disabling power flow as it prevents the engine from burning up (more power = faster spin = more heat)

14. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Just make it like 10-12 seconds or so, because currently it is virtually useless.

Hmm, DoD-style rifle grenade. I like it a lot.

I'd make the sticky do only 8 seconds heat or something then though

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Maybe add an infantry upgrade that increases battery power to allow longer zapping?