Missing textures on Emp_Duststorm

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MrBojangl3s, Nov 18, 2007.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, I'm pretty sure I've grabbed every RC as they've came out (Although I haven't been very active, I still check the forum every single day, or try to) and I've installed them in the right order (I always check before I install an RC if the numbers are right).

However, after playing a perfectly fine game on Slaughtered, we went onto Duststorm to continue the tank wars, and I got these images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, depending on my viewing angle I got either white textures of Duststorm or the purple mesh missing texture thing. Also, ref nodes appeared as a big Gmod-style "ERROR", and there were white wireframe-style lines in the sky. Also, everything was blurry like when you go past the point at which the engine draws to the screen (like outside of the map in noclip).

Everything else was fine, and the other maps were fine; I've never had any problem like this. I didn't post to mantrix because I'm assuming there's something wrong with my client. More pictures here in a slideshow-type thing: [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol naughty nurse folder

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

whoa that is messed up... re-installing everything is probably a quicker solution than spending ages working out why it's broke and then realising you've got to re-install everything anyway

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Wait for RC 33. It will be a full install.

5. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ah damnit, fuck me for not cropping those pics. I'm all red in the face now too, shit. Oh well, it's not like you can see my 4chan folder.

@Krenzo:
    Thanks, I'll do that! It's probably a corrupted map; or just got fucked up in an install. Strange that a CRC check with the server wouldn't tell me it's diffrent, but oh well. I'm pretty sure it's only that map.