missing game classes error

Discussion in 'Support' started by Coldie, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Coldie

Coldie Member

Hi,I just got this mod and now when I try to join a server on v2.0 empires,it says "Server uses different class tables."or something like that.And when I go into my own created server,I dont have any weapons.And its practically like Half life 2...

and YES I downloaded v2.0,but I might have downloaded the wrong version because it said on server name in creation: "Empires 1.7" or something..maybe I got a wrong version that was actually like 1.7?

I have HL2 and HL2: Deathmatch.

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You have to download V2.0. Where did you download V1.07? It was a patch, and didn't contain most of the files. Download the mod here.

3. Coldie

Coldie Member

Actually,sorry,I ment I downloaded 2.0 from hl2files,because it said Empires 2.0 in Steam..BUT when i go to make a server it thinks its like a different version.Perhaps it was like version 1.07 i DLED,but it said 2.0? *Maybe hl2files uploaded it wrong*

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Did you uninstall 1.07 before installing 2.0?

5. Coldie

Coldie Member

*Sigh* OK...What I am saying is I never had 1.07 or whatever it told me. This is the first empires version i ever got. (I have 2.0 and I never had any other versions) So why would it not work if i have the latest? I only saw 1 other person who had this.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Sounds like hl2files uploaded the wrong goddamn version :|

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Did you download a file that was over 700 MB?

8. Coldie

Coldie Member

Yes it was 700+ megabytes..btw I Dled from another site too (forgot) and I still got the same error.

Bad news:Now sometimes im getting an engine error like CSDKmissing or something along the lines of that. So...its definitely not where it was uploaded,but more of a compatability bug?

9. Caelo

Caelo Member

Are you sure you have the SDK Base installed?

10. Coldie

Coldie Member

Yeah,I have the source sdk and the source sdk base. Since im getting asked alot of questions,here is everything I have:
    Counter Strike:Source
    Half Life 2
    Half Life 2: DM
    Garry's mod (10)
    Empires 2.0 (duh)
    SourceForts 1.9.3
    zombie master
    Source SDK
    Source SDK Base

So I dont see why it wouldnt work?

11. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Can you run Source SDK Base?

12. Coldie

Coldie Member

Ya I just ran source sdk base...but it practically doesnt do anything.So what do I need to do now?

13. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

All the 1.07 servers are running 2.0 now. I suspect there is something wrong with his install or Source SDK Base.

14. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Try delorting your Source SDK Base as completely and fully as you can. I recently had to do a full reinstall of Steam (from the ground up) since Steam was being an ass about something. Trust me, it helps. Things got a lot nicer afterwards.

15. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

You can also validate all steam games. (source sdk base especially)

16. sexylemming

sexylemming Member

I have been playing the game fine for a few weeks and just got this error today. Also when I CREATE(so there is no confusion) a server the default name is Emp mod 1.08. Some how it thinks I have version 1.08 instead of 2.0. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Empires, but just wanted to let people know this is still a problem.

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

1.08 is the old name of V2.0, don't worry about it.

18. Megor

Megor Member

Hey guys was wondering if there was a solution to this yet. Because I have also come across this same problem. I am trying to get it to run for my brother on his machine. My machine runs it great! :D

He has Retail HL2 version, basic version, not the game of the year or any package.

He has :
    HL2
    HL2: deathmatch
    Empires 2.0
    Source SDK
    Source SDK Base.

Steam has updated it as usual as steam likes to do. :)

Opening screen runs fine, shows your opening banner. However menu screen sometimes goes to a HL2 menu screen, a burry pic, music does not come on.
    Menu shows correctly except you cannot access controls feature.

Making a server will spawn you outside the map and you fall and die. There is no team choice and the ingame controls do not function, such as team choice and class choice.

When joining a server I get the "classes error".

Now I have D/L from HL2Files, Filefront, and Sent my installer (mind you my game works) over the network to his comp (not the game, the installer :) ). After many different installs and after fully deleting the mod I still run into this error.

Could this have to do with his HL2 game itself being the recent $20 retail? I know this sounds rediculous and I pray is not the case. I have no idea why his does not work, hopefully you guys can figure this out!

I don't want to have to reinstall everything just yet, be it though he does not have a lot of games it will not be a total concern.

Thanks for all your time and excellent work on the mod!

╞Megor ♫

19. Coldie

Coldie Member

Posting again to say,in v.2.11 Im still getting the same error :( i guess i really cant play forever..because it was supposed to fix alot of errors and ....Same thing happens again.missing CSDKGAMERULES or something.Also,the "Controls" button is pushed to the side (right) at the main menu,and if I click it then nothing happens.Keep the thread alive people!

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Did you download 2.1 full client install and then install 2.11 over it?