Minimize to Desktop

Discussion in 'Support' started by pickjaoe, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Sometimes when I join a server, within the first second Empires will minimize to the desktop. Then I will have to click on it and it takes around 2-3 minutes to get back into the game. This seems to be happening more with the release of 1.06 and this also happens when I do the create server option.

2. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Hmmm same things somethimes happens to me somes times dont know if its a bug but I found adding -heapsize 512000:to the end of my shortcut for empires helped stop most of the creashes...

3. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Try modifying some graphics settings in Empires once it's running, like changing your resolution, or trying to improve performance. Also, shut down anything else that's runing before launching, especially open windows.

4. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

I have had this in 1.06 as well, i havnt found the reason yet, but i think it has to do with the internet ingame stuff that shows when you join a server. Just a thought, but im going to try a few changes.

5. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ohhh yes... I think that happened to me a few times. I remember being really really angry at the MOTD (that internet thing). First off, Krenzo, PLEASE don't make it open the www.empiresmod.com site, it makes it take a lot longer to join when it has to connect to the internet and bring up a page. Just make it say "Don't drive the CV off of a cliff" lol.

Second, I believe I changed some graphics settings or something, and that's the fix.. I don't have the problem nowadays...

6. Lanic

Lanic Member

iv also had this issue both in 1.05 and 1.06. but also in 1.05 it use to happen multiple times during the first few minutes of a game.

7. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

this happens to me all the time. I ctrl esc all the time though and it takes about 20 seconds to pull it back up so it doesn't irritate me that much.

8. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

Every time I get back from Empires to desktop (not quitting Empires), it will crash. But that happens to all Steam-Source-based multiplayer-games.

9. jambo

jambo Member

it usally happens to me, but usally only once after i join a server for the first time every evening.
    yeah , takes its time to come back up again
    oh , dosn't crash much apart from that - just every so often from listening to my comp , it sounds like the autorun start up , then it crashes , so i always take the disks ot of the cd slots before playing Empires.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It's a buggy thingy with connecting to the internet, because when you first join the server, you see the Message Of The Day. More often than not, they're websites (Like the Official Empires server has www.empiresmod.com as its Message Of The Day). Making the heapsize bigger will get you back ingame in under a minute.

11. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

just increase the voltage to your processor and make it churn out 1s and 0s faster ^^. And yeah it happens to all my source stuff not just empires.

12. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Yeah, this is a great idea. Uninformed and spontaneous overclocking is a proven fix here. Simply brilliant.

13. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

=] The best way to overclock is climb the pole on the street and turn up the flux capacitors. I feel however that if you just swing from the lines like a monkey it works about the same. Consider everyone informed. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.