Minimap Bugs

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rippie, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Rippie

Rippie Member

I have watched the minimap while playing trying to get some sense about the wacky ongoings. Occasionally the minimap seems to display the wrong information about the nature of a building (its icon) or its position, or even suggesting that a building is there that doestnt seem to exist at all. For example a friendly ref point will suddenly look like the enemies VF, or a turret may appear in the enemy teams color. The changes seems to last only a few seconds, and doestnt seem to carry over between the small minimap and the larger spawnmap.

I have observed the following:

While playing on a team:
    - Tanks change identity (BE becomes NF vice versa). This seems to happen to populated or empty tanks.
    - Tanks show where there are none (Ghosts). They appear both as populated or empty.

- Turrets often change identity or show its yellow unbuilt icon. Both single alone turrets and turrets in a group. Switching to the spawnmap seems to straight this out. Sometimes multiple turrets all over the map seems to be affected.

- Buildings change identity and most often type (Ref shows as VF etc)
    - Buildings show where there are none, have only noticed enemy buildings.
    Seems to happen when they get attacked or not. (For example enemy rax in your main.)

- CV occasionally changes color into enemy teams CV.

In spec:

- Buildings change icons.
    - Strange ghost infantry can be seen on parts of the map, when you fly there, none is to be found. I am unsure if hidden people show up for spec, but I am pretty sure they do, so that shouldnt explain it.
    - Ghost tanks.
    - Turret changed identity to other sides.

Also and perhaps most interesting is that these map glitches affected my teammate (who was sitting behind me playing IRL at the time), who was playing on the same team in the same way. That is we both saw the same glitches simultainiously.

Well feel free to contribute your own guys. It would be nice if we could find a pattern somehow.

2. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

That mostly happens when people from spectator/unassigned joined a team and didn't spawn yet. You will see the minimap location where they were before joining the team.

Many of the building glitches happen when an enemy building was spotted, replacing one known building with the spotted one.

Also placing a building might change the identity of the unbuilt symbol to anything (other building/already built, unbuilt/other team)