Minelayers, Lasers and Missle Tanks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by AURIFICATIONALIST, Jul 17, 2007.

1. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

I have created scripts for them using 1.07 and I have even created an experimental new research branch, now I want to know if it would be possible to create a minelayer vehicle weapon that i could equip to the grey weapon slots of the apc. Lasers would also be nice. I have already begun figuring out vehicle scripts, so maybe I can figure out how to make a new tank that has only missile slots that uses the light tank model or something... anybody have any idea how to help me?

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

My laser idea was shot down (:p), and missile tanks are not going to be planned, not for now atleast. Mine laying tanks is going one step too far, imagine the chaos when one blows up all the others.

3. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

Oh yeah, don't shoot down my dreams! Take This!
    [​IMG]

and This!
    [​IMG]
    Oh Yeah, I'm diligent! I told Everyone that I was gonna make one. Its almost operationional too.
    And ,yeah it uses an APC model, sorry...I suck at modelling.

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Well, it's not going to be added in Empires, you can still use it on your own server though.

5. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

I might just make a set of scripts and start up a dedicated server that shows them off I think it will be neat-o.:D

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Mine tanks idea scares the crap outa me. No way anyones crossing the field unless they are grenadiers with defuse. lol
    However I would love to see MRL.

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I think custom vehicles like this on isolated servers are fine, as long as there is some kind of disclaimer saying that they are not officially part of the mod. We wouldn't want new players thinking that a really over-powered weapon was endorsed by the devs.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I think that a mine tank could work if it didn't work just like a super-grenadier. If the mines were only anti-armor, relatively easy to see, and didn't destroy vehicles with one blast, it could serve as a decent barrier. You could cover one approach to your base by laying a minefield down, which would force any heavy vehicles to navigate carefully or go around. More of a buffer than an actual weapon.

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i agree with dumpster fox. if a tank lays mines, they should be a special mine that infantry CANT set off.