Mine secondary fire

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rolsen, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Rolsen

Rolsen Member

I wantz a secondery fire on the mine.
    But I dont know exactly what..
    How about a sticky proxy or something?

Enlist your suggestions too! :D

2. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

detonate all mines already placed

3. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

fuck yes you are the best suggestion ever

4. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

the mines look like tron discs so i think grens should be able to throw them like frisbees with secondary fire

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

so yea, 9mine all over again :(

what about secondary fire trows mines as if they where pies, and when they hit they explode

:p:p:p:p:p:p

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I suggested that, I also want them to stick.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lol tron discs, hmm ya they do. I wouldn't mind throwing them either but, have a throw distance that is about the grenade distance + do less dmg when thrown. (you aren't blowing up under the tank after all, which does less dmg)

on a side note How the F did my titile become "Black Hole Bully".... Communism did you have anything to do with this?

8. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Probably dizzy or something lol, but hey why not make the secondary fire ignore defusal, but does half damage?

9. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

detonating all placed mines would not be exactly the same as 9 mine for one major reason, not as powerful but more flexable. 9 mine was removed because of ninjas (either ninjaing the com to win to to ninja a building or two to stop production of something) because 9 mines could kill ANYTHING, but with vehicle/weapon/building rebalancing in 2.24 it could be set so that 8 mines plus a mortor could kill a building so that now a gren can kill 2 buildings with full armorment.

and also, lets admit 9 mine was just plain fun. the only reason i didnt like it when we had it was because the way it was implemented felt sploity (it actually did start as a bug) but if it was triggered by secondary fire then it would feel more legit of a tactic.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats so QFT ...

11. Bass

Bass Member

How about them being placed as timed-mines. Right click, it drops, blows up in 10 seconds.

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

oooooh, i like it

13. Cloud

Cloud Member

Or.... EMP-mines on secondary fire.

14. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

well i would like to see an anti infantary mine personly. There is a 2 mode mine in the balistic weapons mod. mode 1 is anti tank and the detenation is very focused (still kills inf though) and the right click changes it to anti inf mine where it has a spring based jumping mine so it has a large area effect but it doesnt dmg tanks. Could be rather intesteing i think.

15. communism

communism poof

Pshhh I would have been like 20 times more creative
    Something like "hey im viro and I suck" or "communism is better than me"

16. Rolsen

Rolsen Member

After all the ideas I've seen, I suggest that some of them merge like this:
    Throwing disc that bounces with an explotion timer on 10 secs unless they hit an enemy and explode/something else and stick (with an option to press E to pick them up again if they went somewhere you didnnt want it to stick)
    WOW!

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what about putting a mine on a stick or bundling them to increase damage vs vehicles but lower the damage/chance an infantry steps on it

18. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I don't think it was com ninjaing that got rid of 9 mine, but moreso that it was griefers 9 mining their own team mates. Personally, I feel that I might be able to deal with the off chance of being 9 mined by my own team, but others might not. I oppose the idea of a detonation button, because of the tactics that would be implemented. Grens will suicidally throw mines at their enemies and blow the two of them up in a selfdestructive explosion. ( I hate to site other games as sourses, but this happens all the time in the battlefield series). 9 mine is different, because all of your mines must be placed to pull off this maneuver instead of a single mine. so I am fine with 9 mine being back, but detonation should not be a secondary fire. Perhaps the option to pick up your own mines would be good, so that way you can relocate after you are confident that nobody will bother that area again.

19. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

you can't kill your teamates. suicide mining your own team doesn't work like that.

Main reason 9 mining was removed was because of it's ability to destroy entire bases and end the game with less than 30 seconds preparation.

20. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

unless a vehicle, such as the CV, gets flipped