Mine Clearer

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by alucard13mmfmj, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Empty's arty explosions always kicks up the same terrain so I don't think its really an issue.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The mines would stick out of the ground with the rest being buried. It's not the same.

3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

except when u shoot into water.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah, but my point is even if your shooting grass cement chunks are coming up. Since its a game and we say fuck realism, I don't see it being and issue to plant a betty into the ground no matter what terrain.

5. w00kie

well, but people are used to "unrealistic" impact effects from older games. But I really don't like being able to stick things where they shouldn't be stickable. Changing that would force mappers to do loads of extra work, just to make sure people don't stick their extra mine into silly places.

that Keiler panzer has a funny disadvantage in everyday life use. when a tank commander, the guy that overlooks the situation out of the hatch on top of the tank, is sitting in that hatch, he has the heavy elephant feet right next to his head. when the actual driver in the tank is a fag, the commander might get his head smashed by one of those elephant feet.

searching google for mine clearers can be quite interesting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  6. Demented

Demented Member

Eh, it'd probably be easy to make the mine 'break' if it does a trace to the surface below it and discovers the surface property is concrete or metal. But it's just as easy to assume that we have mines that can burrow into such surfaces (in the same way that we have buildings that violate real world reality).

7. w00kie

our buildings just lack a shitload of transformers-style animations, that show how they transform from commander-dropped stuff into a building when a guy uses his magic tricorder-power on that stuff.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Anyway, original suggestion isn't really suitable. We don't need a new tank, or even a tank addon, for setting off mines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.