MG turrets

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Trid3nt, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

This is a bit if a long post with a few points, so you may want to look at the summary at the end.

After looking at somone's post, I was thinking that maybe some sort of 'miss' factor should be made for the MG turrets, ie if they are shooting too long, they will jerk to much and become inaccurate, but they could be switched between burst fire (accurate but small amount of fire) and Auto (Higher ayer can run past/run up and destroy it.amount of fire, but innacurate) by the commander or if an engi owns it, him.

During writing this another Idea sprung to mind - Turret specilisation (for engis) Since engineers get points for their turret kills and their not actually making the kills with the turrets, why not make it so you can upgrade certain aspects of your turret, Sniper addition (Single shot, longer range, lower damage) Higer rate of fire (Increases ROF (obviously)) Infa/Infra (someone correct me on this) red vision (so it can see through smoke, which SHOULD blind it) Explosive rounds (small amount of damage so vehicles). Just as examples.

Also turrets and cameras/radars should have to work as teams to function, ie. if a turret can't see it's target it can't shoot it, and there are no eyes on a turret, so this would be more realistic and it would supply an easy way to reduce turret farms (cameras have low health compared to Turrets)

Finaly a sort of bug, if an MG turret can see you, but it can't hit you, it will shoot at you anyway. Not sure if this is a feature or not, but another player can run up and destroy it with ease.

Summary:
    Recoil for turrets
    Specific turret upgrades (ie higher rof)
    Turrets to use cameras to spot targets
    turret bug

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

You forgot turret ammoz. :P

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I always liked the turret bug, it was kinda tactical.

I'll admit that it is extreamly stupid when a turret shoots at you're waist and hits the wall in front of you.

4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

turret ammo has already been dismissed, as much as I would like it

5. Havok4

Havok4 Member

I like these ideas of turret specialization, it would allow commanders and engineers to give more thought to seting up defenses than just turret spaming.

6. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Any other comments, or disagreements, this kinda got pushed to the side...

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Personally: not neccessary, and could cause gaps. interesting idea, but not really neccessary. a turret is a turret is a turret. MG's kill men, ML's kill everything else. does anyone really need more than that?

all you really want in a turret is: reliability, killing ability.