MG Turrets (a message to beerdude)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by arklansman, May 9, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It is pretty much instantaneous.

2. Align

Align Member

So I think it's a great idea, but stay the no-targetting thing. Smoke grenades hurt as much as they help at the moment.

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I see smoke grenades as a last resort for a scouting Scout to escape an unfortunate encounter, not to be used within the vicinity of major combat.

4. eth0

eth0 Member

A wall of n00bs in front you and a bucket o'nades are your friend!

I you do this, i shall cut you!

Of course you could change the engi's nade to EMP nades that do not disable the entire turrent, but nerf the seeking range ?

I'm guilty of this trick, however i'll let you guys know that the splash from a nade is enough to take a respectiable about of health of a turret, a sustained toss from an engi (8'ish nades) will do the trick nicely.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

please use your edit button.

6. Slithzerikai

Krenzo, question:

What will the turret do if a line of people hide behind a hidden scout, and crouch towards it?

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

If it's anything like the ML it'll refuse to fire when something is obstucting it, I've done it few times when I see team vehicles under fire from MLs.

8. finalbob

finalbob Member

i used this sometimes in the 1.071, but i never find somebody which was enough good understand why i was behind him... :(

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

awesome idea there :D

10. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

At the current stage from the district battles I've played, its a 1.0 Machine Gun. If you want to cross the alley to get to the other side for the sewer, you WILL take about 1/3 or so of your health in damage while sprinting across. Turrets are built to secure an area, not be another player O.O. If it would nicer if they would track slower so that you can get from cover point to cover, but the turret stops you from sitting in the open, hence area denial. Therefore, you can move up towards the turret in zig zag formation till your close enough to disable it, but you can't just rush it unless you want to be impaled by bullets.

11. Slithzerikai

I mean, logically... The scout'll be invisible, so the turret should shoot at the people behind it, killing the scout.

But then again, the scout is invisible and the turret shouldn't be able to target through what it can't see.

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

I took this picture to help my explanation.
    [​IMG]

I was crouched behind the first turret you see there, and I had about 80 hp. There was a lvl3 mg at the far bridge in front of me, and I went down to the amount I had moving from the front turret to the back.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, the part of the turret that you hate is taking damage, not being mullered by it. so it's painful and awkward to go in the radius of a lev 1 turret, even then it can kill you. level three is murder.