MetaMod + Empires 2.23

Discussion in 'Support' started by James Morianna, Mar 18, 2009.

1. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

Okay, i have followed the instructions on your Wiki when it comes to installing Metamod, now i have this installed on a few other servers so i know it's not something i'm doing.

Adding the: GameBin |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin line to the gameinfo.txt folder causes the CMD Prmpt. Console for the server to force close the moment it's opened. I have all of the files in the correct spot, WHY is this happening? i even have the metamod.vdf downloaded specificly for Empires.

Where the hell am I going wrong? and for a further point, why the hell would you advertis Mani Admin Plugin when it's not even displayed for download....or installable? there is no link on their website to download their admin panel......

Anyway, the last paragraph was just a bitchfest nothing more, but seriously guys, i have the only working Aussie server so far, i've had a lot of guys on it, and have commented with joy that Australia now has a local server, but i keep getting griefers, how can i keep a server running if people keep comming in to stur up trouble, and can't kick them in the teeth?

-James.
    www.federation-empires.com
    (No, that is not a reference to this game mod <_< pure co-incidence)

2. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

If you have the rcon password, then you can do it directly via rcon

List of rcon commands:
    http://www.invision-gaming.co.uk/Counter-Strike-Source/RCON-Commands-34.html

Also, I think you're installation is for the older versions of Metamod (1.4.2 and earlier). I would download Metamod 1.7.1 and follow the newer installation method (http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installing_Metamod:Source)

3. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

thankyou, i'll give this a go now,

and sorry if i seem a little short, i was training someone from the clan today and had 3 griefers come in and was made a fool of in my own server.

I have the RCon working, i researched the command lines last night.

Edit:

Still won't work, the game console just closes as it begins to load.....

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  4. recon

recon SM Support Dev

What version of MM:S did you use? Did you try loading with a VSP? Did the crash generate an mdmp?

FYI: You can only load MM:S one way. You can't load with gameinfo AND a VSP at the same time. That could be the problem.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

i have MM:S 1.7.1

VSP? mdmp?

sry mate, but i don't know all the source slangs....i'm kinda new to this side of things and the guy who's brain i usually pick at is offline, his PSU got busted...

6. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

[​IMG]

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Basically he's saying that you can't load MM:S or plugins via MM:S using both the old and new install methods. For example, if you modified the gameinfo.txt file (the old method) and then used a .vdf file (the new method) it might not work.

8. recon

recon SM Support Dev

This is what would happen if you loaded with gameinfo and a VSP:

1. MM:S loads
    2. MM:S searches for and loads the game server
    3. Game searches for VSP plugins
    4. Game loads MM:S

Basically, you'd get the following stack:

MM:S
    Game
    MM:S

Each instance of MM:S would probably try to load any MM:S plugins. If it didn't crash by this point, it's possible to have two copies of the same plugin running on the same server under different instances of MM:S.

It would probably crash before then, but if it didn't, you'd get some undesirable behavior.

9. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

well, when i type in Meta Version into the console, i get the responce "unknown command meta"

and that is with the VDF file inside the addons folder, and no edited gameinfo file.

10. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

okay, scratch that, Meta Mod is randomly working.....i just thought i'd check it again, and it's working, so now i just need the Mani Admin Panel...which is another problem, i've searched their site and there is no way to download it there.

11. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

okay, you guys are reallly going to hate me, and i beg you bare with me for a bit longer, i have MetaMod working, i have Mani Installed and configured, but once again the Empires Console closes during server load.

i have where it gets up to before it crashes screenshotted, so you guys can see what i see and help me!!!

[​IMG]

i can't pause it fast enough on the line i crashes on, it goes 2 steps further than this shot, but thoes lines read:

Code:
    Searching for games type [Empires]
    and game types for Empires

then it dies on me. I was hoping this post would be to invite you all to the first Australian based Empires server, but sadly once more Empires just kicked my ass <_<

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  12. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

as far as i can remember, Mani_Admin does not work with Empires. I also don't think they are supporting it anymore. May be wrong on that.

Look into getting sourcemod and setting it up with default options, Come back to the forums for directions of updating it for Empires, Recon or Owning will be the ones to ask about updating sourcemod for Empires.

13. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

Mani Admin was the reccomdned form of admin panel by the EmpiresWiki, that's why i went for it, and i've seen Mani Admin working on other servers, i have the other style of Admin Panel on my SG:TLS server, but it doesn't have the advertisiting areas, which i have seen in Empires.

I think for the moment i will remove Mani as you suggest and attempt to install the source mod admin.

But if owning or Recon can help me install Mani so that it works, i'd still be appreciative, Mani Admin is far less intrusive, and much more subtle, to kick someone using the Source Admin, you have to type in the command which everyone will see, if someone's bugging me, i just want to be able to kick them without interfeering with gameplay.

14. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

by the way, this is done both via VDF and standard adding in of the plugin to the meta mod file. both were done singally, and this was the result each time, they wern't done at the same time, so there isn't conflicting data.

15. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

If your running mani, im not sure how much we can help you. The community primarily uses sourcemod and therefore thats what everyone here knows mostly, you may have to go ask on the mani forums.

16. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

roger, i'll just go an get source mod then, i wonder if their's some kind of announcements system, similar to Mani...

17. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Do mean this mani admin plugin?

Personally, I don't see why you should use mani when sourcemod is more compatible with Metamod and Empires. I think the SM commands and setup are all much easier.

I just updated the wiki since SourceMod is the main admin mod used for Empires. No more confusion :)

18. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Drummer and Scardy: I wonder who put MAP on the wiki to begin with. AFAIK it wasn't ever compatible. A long time ago, there were attempts, but none that I know of succeeded.

What do you mean by "other style of Admin Panel"?

There are SM plugins to show advertisements.

I'm not sure where you got that from. SM has a menu system, and you can send commands without them going out to everyone. If you want to read more about SM, take a look at this.

There's probably nothing Theowningone or I can do to make MAP work with Empires. On top of that, why would you want to run MAP? SourceMod has made MAP obsolete IMHO.

19. James Morianna

James Morianna Member

the "other style" i was talking about is the SourceMod admin plugin, which i have installed and working now, i tried the Mani Admin because it was reccomended and i've seen it used to great success.

20. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Mani ran just fine with 1.07. The wiki is just very outdated.