Message in command vehicle

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Urknall, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Urknall

Urknall Member

If you drive the command vehicle, there should be a permanent (blinking) message in the bottom like

"If your team loses this vehicle, your team loses the match."

"This vehicles should not be destroyed, otherwise you loose the match."

or something else... so a new player knows, how important the cv is and he/she will (maybe) not drive away toward the enemy.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It'd get rather annoying for a seasoned player, there must be a better way to do it.

3. yusundur

yusundur Member

How about the commander is able to lock the CV for himself in the command menu? So he can jump in and out whenever he wants to, without the fear, that it might get griefed.
    Con: Other players won't be able to save the cv in case of an APC-Rush and dead commander.

4. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

That's a terrible idea, someone could just grief by getting in the CV, locking it and then leaving it there.

5. BroT

BroT Member

How about no? :3

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Don't we have a hints option that is on by default? Idk what it does because I turned it off (because I'm a boss), but maybe that could trigger a "hint" telling the player that the CV is important.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  7. Urknall

Urknall Member

But it is better to annoy seasoned players as to have problems with new players. Beginners don't want to make mistakes. Maybe the message should not be blinking... so a permanent pleasant text in the bottom should not annoy and is easy to implement.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That's more like it, not to mention that there is space in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Or you could add a message like that in the driver view. That'd make more sense since if somebody is to grief the CV he'll most likely drive out into enemies rather than recycling the base or just sitting there idle.

9. Urknall

Urknall Member

Yes, that's what I mean. If you drive (only drive) the cv, you get the message. In other modes (driving other vehicle, building mode or play as infantry), you will not see the message. So if a player gets the cv and drives away he sees "oh hell, if have to care about this vehicle!"

10. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

yusunders idea isnt as terrible as yous are letting on, a few rules would need to be applied though.

Something such as:

1. Only lasts a specific amount of time followed by a cooldown time.
    2. If you die then the CV unlocks.
    3. F S Space kicks the commander and unlocks the CV.
    4. Requires commander to have been commander for 'x' amount of time before it can be used.

Is his suggestion so painfully bad now?

I also doubt that many noobs will bother reading the text, given that they usually dont listen to their team telling them to stop until they either grief or are slayed

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

The locking CV thing was asked several times and shot down each time. I personally would love to have it because I hate to have to spam f s space 2-3 times in chat and screaming on the mic that a fucking ass hat has stolen the com.

12. BroT

BroT Member

Dota much?

13. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

A comm-lock sounds great. I think it'd be better if it was permanent until either:

1. The comm dies.
    2. F S Space breaks the lock.
    3. The comm disconnects.

F S Space should be able to be done if the CV is locked, regardless of if there's a person in the CV.

I wouldn't put a cooldown or a time limit because it's not uncommon for a CV to almost be permanently be locked. A time limit would have to be long enough for the comm to do stuff and short enough for it to actually manner. Likewise, I wouldn't put a time requirement to activate it because there are people who'll follow the CV just waiting to jump in, essentially forcing the comm to just sit there waiting for the ability to lock the CV, somewhat defeating the point.

14. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Yeah thats better still

15. Urknall

Urknall Member

Beside the "locking" you should add the message...

16. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

How does that get around what I pointed out in my previous post?