Merge BE APC and AFV

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dawgas, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

that's right, you read that topic title (Merge BE APC and AFV) correctly

I mean, pretty much everyone (at least 90%) agrees with me that the AFV is the most useless vehicle in the game (even more useless than jeeps), so maybe something like this would make it not suck, and therefore BE might actually be able to gain slightly more ground after vehicles become commonplace, but before mediums and heavies, and maybe even allowing BE to win slightly more

pros:
    makes BE stronger early game

cons:
    none?

alternatives:
    remove AFV
    replace NF medium tank with NF light tank, come up with new NF light tank vehicle
    make GOOD suggestion threads

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what will the merge be like? an afv with an extra 3slot machine gun? or will there be no vehicles that have a 3 slot machine gun for be?

3. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

I thought it was obvious:

combine the best of the two vehicles, and then watch it suck slightly less

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

believe me, its not... spell it out how you would see this please :)

5. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

hey, I don't want to have the thread so basically all the replies are "yes do want A+++++"

I want like, discussion, maybe even some people bringing up concerns that I did not see when I decided to make this thread

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

okay, so... my suggestion in your idea would be to take away the afv's cannon slot for a 3 slot mgun, and keep the missile slot

max of 3 plate armor and afv carrying capacity

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Make the AFV MKII the default. Problem solved.

8. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I could see a 3-armor AFV that also had apc capacities and a 3-slot MG. Perhaps it would also have a 1-slot cannon, but that is besides the point.

Yeah, I suppose that would work. Would definitely be interesting.

9. o_O

o_O Member

Actually thats a great idea.

Maybe something like
    MK1 = 1 slot cannon, 2 (3?) slot gun, 1 slot ML
    MK2 = 2 slot cannon, 3 slot gun, 1 slot ML

Both could carry 3 cannon fodders, as well as heal and ammo them like a normal APC. Maybe the MK2 could can an extra 1-2 passenger slots so a couple of them could move a whole team without someone having to walk or killspawn. Maybe they should have to give up their ML slot though, so they would have to unload their cannon magazine to kill buildings or rely on infantries, and also because BE is the cannon team.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

even the ULTRA TOP SECRET CLASSIFIED 2 missle slot 2 cannon slot AFV MKII would still get horribly raped by a LT, maybe if the AFV driver was lucky the LT would have to retreat to be repaired instead of RAPING ALL OF THE TEAM'S VEHICLES SINGLEHANDEDLY

apparantly I'm really bad at this making topic stuff

because I don't feel like editing the thread starting post, I'll just place what I had strike me in the "vision" I had when I made this topic here, instead of making everybody look like stupid motherfuckers:

this AFV/APC merge (lets just call it AFV) would have one of each:
    3 slot grenade
    3 slot MG
    1 slot missle
    1 slot cannon

as well have 8 seat slots, ammo/health regeneration in passenger seats, the greater of the health/speed/etc, lower cost of the two "parent" vehicles, and the researchable ability to spawn inside it.

even with all of this NEW SUPER COOL STUFF, I bet a LT would still beat the fuck out of this AFV, but at least this "modification" would kill the LT sometimes. maybe. it would at least make it less obvious which side is better in the beginning god i feel like I'm repeating myself like a broken record oh man this is a fucking wall of text I have become what I hate

11. Morcam

Morcam Member

This makes no sense, to be honest. Buffing apc's weight, along with giving the afv a shorter model (and nerfing superlights a bit) would be just fine.

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

there can't be a thread or 3 that i've mentioned be AFV would kick ass with a 2 slot MG, can there?

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The idea is interesting...

BE get a crappy tank which can support infantry very well, NF get a great tank but need to separate their infantry support.

Giving the AFV the APC spawn, a grenade slot, 2 mg slots, a cannon slot, a missile slot, and rearm capabilities would even it out against the LT I think. Obviously it wouldn't be able to use all of those weapons at once due to weight constraints but it would offer it a lot of versatility and allow infantry to make up for its limited combat prowess.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  14. Tuxu

Tuxu Member

what's the point, just get a bull's-eye texture on the side and we'll call it a day, with afv\apc turret location you can bearly hit NF hover-tanks, oh sorry, i've meant LTs.

There's no going around it, it has to be totaly revised like dawgas had pointed, merge'em up and cook stats like armor so the new AF(rankenstein?)V would be able to counter NF *hit ratio* supiriority due to their relative high speed and low siluate at the early game phases which, saddly, tends to be the last as well.
    otherwise?

[​IMG]

a coffin's a coffin's a coffin...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  15. Tuxu

Tuxu Member

no nerfing please, awsomeness should be kept and met with the same level of counter awsomeness.
    otherwise why not change the whole mod into riksha-drivers battlefield... :p

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

How is a spawn point which can bring in limitless infantry, use HEMGs and all light tank weapons, and carrying three plates of armor on each side not an equal to the LT?

Don't just say 'it'll never work' unless you can explain why.

17. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Because an LT can still drive up your asshole and plant cannon shells there. Besides, in early game, you dont have any 2 slots cannons, mgs, or missiles. So all you'd have is an AFV with spawning (assuming that you have APD) and medium chaingun. Whoopty do.

We should grab one of the AFV models in Art section and plop it in the game, as soon as theyre finished ofc.

LT's need a nerf anyway.

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

And in the early game lights won't be super tough and fast, in case you haven't noticed.

The point is that giving BE many ways to upgrade their AFV, with spawns, and many weapon types capable of countering lights (I've seen how DU can tear through superlights) is the best way to fix the disparity. Lights upgrade well, AFVs do not.

19. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

20. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

hooray I made a good suggestion

now to wait until it is implemented

or it can die a horrible slow death, to be bumped in six years D:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009