Menagerie of bugs

Discussion in 'Support' started by rampantandroid, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Whilst the forums were down, I amassed a repository of screenshots of messed up things....

Turret verticle? What? Found this on Crossroads at one point....I stoped and scratched my head for a little bit there.
    http://www.the42nd.com/members/gianelli.p/emp_crossroads0047.jpg
    http://www.the42nd.com/members/gianelli.p/emp_crossroads0048.jpg
    http://www.the42nd.com/members/gianelli.p/emp_crossroads0049.jpg
    http://www.the42nd.com/members/gianelli.p/emp_crossroads0050.jpg

For this one - I was comming for the NF Team, and I got the commander bug where you can't exit the darned CV. So I suicided while looking at the BE base (well, where I knew the base was, but could see nothing. since there were no cameras, buildings or units nearby.) When I died, I saw this...
    http://www.the42nd.com/members/gianelli.p/emp_duststorm0003.jpg

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

when you get stuck in the commandvehicle just type 'emp_comm_exit' in console

3. Vlade

Vlade Member

doesnt always work RPG (hence why i have that and suicide bound to keys now :P) also how did u play empires in such high resolution? when i attempt that
    my GUI messes up big time.

4. Razorbud

Razorbud Coder

Once in EMP_Money, I was in the COMMV at the back wall looking at a closeup overview of one of the bridges when an enemy arty shell hit the bridge, and killed me because my viewpoint was close to it - i mean WTF :D

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

hmm odd always worked for me, the only reason why it shouldnt work is a lag spike, but could be something random, i dont exit the comm chair that much ^^

6. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

btw you don't seem to realise what bug hes talking about ;)

He's just shown everyone how to spy on the enemy positions by suciding while inside the com vehicle :eek:

7. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

The only bugs I see here is that comm(ie)s can be artied to death and that some of the prop models let you build on their surfaces even when the angle is >45.

8. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Those first few screeenshots are features. So that you can place turret on bumpy maps.

The last bug was kinda meh, what is the exploiter gonna do? Suicide himself everytime he gets to the enemy base?

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

OK, maybe I wasn't clear enough...some got what the comm bug was, some didn't:

I was comm. NF on EMP Dust, looking at where the BE start out. Before I had to suicide, I saw nothing. Just blank space, and arty shells coming out of thing air (there was arty there, I just couldn't see it.) I suicided, and saw their whole base.

Yeah, I know, I just gave out TONS of info on an exploit, blah blah. But We're supposed to post stuff here so it can get fixed.anyway....what can I do with that info? Oh, I know where their CV is...

Or if I want to use it as an exploit "Do they have ruins?" Spectate ruins, suicide. "Nope. Do they have mid?" Suicide....etc. Its a crappy exploit, and if you;re going to do it, I sure hope and admin sees what's going on and bans the person.

Oh, and how can I play at 1680x1050? My HUD doesn't act up...I get a crappy framerate inside buildings, but otherwise I hold around/above 60FPS...all settings on high. I have a 7800GT which I volt modded and OC'ed a lot though, so that'd be how.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  10. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

The thing is, any time you increase the resolution (or change it much at all for that matter), you need to exit the program and start it back up again for the hud to display right.

11. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

and have it ABOVE 600x800

12. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

600x800?

What kind of crappy vid card or monitor are YOU using?

Some people....

But yeah, I run Empires in 1280x960, and I have no problems unless I CHANGE the resolution. If you raise the resolution and then don't restart the game, it does mess up the HUD. The answer, obviously, is to raise the resolution.... and restart the game! Or figure out why the HUD gets messed up by resolution changes...

13. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

It's because of a bug in Valve's gui system that is out of our hands. Restarting is the only work-around for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.