Memory Usage

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Seraph, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Damian

Damian Member

I wouldnt really worry so much about grounding your case unless you are too much of a clutz and constantly are banging and moving your case around. :rolleyes:

Take a look how my current system is resting on my carpet with it's side gutted out. All the talk about static shmatic, so long as you dont slide it around nothing happens, well with the type of carpet I got anyway, I'm sure it's a different story with shaggy carpet.

As you can see it's not inside the desk "garage" where it's supposed to be, that's because there is no ventilation down there! and plus it's not the best place to be since my room get's really hot.

[​IMG]

And from this shot you see my bad ass "i dont give a shit" rigging illustrating the external Costco name brand Seville Classics fan blowing cool air quicker and more efficiently than any case fan I've seen to date lol

[​IMG]

:rolleyes: The things a poor mod dev must do to get the job done.

P.S. This is the only way I can play Empires by the way LOL

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

You'd do well in a post apocalyptic environment =o

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

actually, blowing air directly in, depending on your case's fan setup can be counterproductive:

if you are blowing air on your CPU HS - the air from your cosco fan will actually interfere with the fan - perhaps making it spin slower, offering resistance which the fan will try to push against, causing the current draw of the fan to skyrocket, and potentially shortening the life of the fan. If you have a decent case, fans that throw a fair amount of air (I use 120mms that throw something like 70cfm) and you have decent wiring in the case (not a birds nest, but it doesn't need to be as good as what Falcon NW and VoodooPC do) then you're fine. I notice very little difference between having my door on and off. By keeping the door on, I also allow the intake filters to catch the majority of all the dust, and make it so I don't need to clean as often.

At Seraph, I'll look at the logs tonight if I get time.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

RampantAndroid: top quality tech support since he pushed Nairbeht out of the business

Edited for Nairbeht.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  5. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Since he pushed me out of the business, that's since!

:-\

6. Seraph

Seraph Member

Hey, if you have any ideas on what's wrong, I certainly wouldn't mind a second opinion. ;-)

7. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I'm a bit confused. I think those TCPIP buffer overflows are normal (overflow is just sent next time)...

you try stopping your apache server and monitor yet?

Try killing all processes off that you can (leaving svchost, explorer and so on alone)

8. Seraph

Seraph Member

I tried System Mechanic as well as killing all but necessary processes, yet still get the same problem.

I'm gonna call this one closed under the "Seraph got screwed" category.

Attached Files:

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Was this ever resolved?

10. Seraph

Seraph Member

No... it's still broken, so if 1.08 comes out before the quarter is over, I'll be deprived until then.... *sigh*

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

I have bad news for you Seraph...

12. Seraph

Seraph Member

/me weeps