Medium tank available immediately?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Apr 6, 2010.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Rather than nerfing Heavy tanks, which are meant to be the end-game tanks, or buffing Medium tanks to the point where it is better to use all Medium tanks instead of building Heavy tanks..... :unsure:

No, wait, that introduction doesn't work at all. :pathetic:

Let's just go to the freaking idea:| propose that Medium tanks be available to be built immediately when the game starts, but that they be too expensive to start using until later in the game. I don't mean to make Mediums easy to research, I mean that you get the ability to make them immediately. (But not the resources to do so.) This would cause <filler>

2. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

idea works until a pubber walks into the vf and says OMG COM IS DA NOOB I WANNA BUY DA MEDIUMS NAOS TO KILL DEM.

So unless the commander can restrict the construction of certain vehicles in 2.25 I don't even see this as possible since one team won't even have the resource to research at all in this scenario because their pubbers will be making paper mediums.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  3. Empty

Empty Member

Derp there goes NFs early game advantage.

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Make the nf med tanks 1.5 times cheaper than the be counterparts.
    There balance somewhat restored.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id say make em cheaper or give em an extra plate on some sides

6. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

the unofficial scripts that everyone is playing with right now gave the medium tanks 50 more hull health than the BE counterpart.

It's not perfect, but it does help. Unfortunately, without the script manifest, I can't make any more aggressive changes.

7. God_Hand

God_Hand Member

BUT DOOD, U CAN PUT TWO MISSLE LAWNCHAIRS ON THEM!!!

But seriously, Vulkanis actually makes a pretty good point.

8. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

because a well built BE medium is going to cost 700? res. a well built LT is going to top off around 600.

fixed....

I'm sure there are a few people who have looked at the history of air combat in WW2. Take that idea and use it for tanks, heavy tanks are the bombers, medium tanks are the fighters that keep everything else at bay. Just think about that for a bit and dont reject it just because it is "too realistic".
    Im sure that this idea can be expanded to a workable script in an hour or two.

9. Vaun

Vaun Member

The point of the BE medium is like that of the NF light, to harass NF tanks and be a pain to hit at close range. The point of the NF medium is to fail in the same way the BE AFV does.

10. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Because obviously gameplay is irrelevent when it comes to Medium tanks.

11. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Thought about it

Rejected it.

12. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Well I like the idea of multiple tanks being used throughout the game rather then just one kind of chassis running around after twenty minutes, this could be a way perhaps to use your chassis limiting script then there would be a use to get mediums since you can't deploy more then X number of heavys.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The point of empires is to evolve and kill your enemy. Think it like "Age of Empires" or "Rise of Nations" where every Age/Period of time there are upgrades to make units bigger and badder to destroy the opposing force. A heavy tank is just a bigger and badder medium tank, where the medium tank is a bigger and badder mk2, which is a slightly better mk1 of LT/AFV. An artillery tank is classified different and an apc is also classified different and you see those being used throughout the game because they don't fall into the same category.

14. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

The idea I was trying to hint at was to give heavy tanks some sort of weakness (slow them down) so other tanks can use hit and run tactics. Its just a thought.

15. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I agree to that. Heavys shouldnt be nearly as fast as mediums

AoE and RoN have different resources, bigger and badder units need more of the stuff u don get as easy.
    RTS little closer to present (thinking of DoW1&2, also some others) have restrictions in build limits for strong units. Since BE Heavys can equip 2 canons and NF 2 MLs I consider them such strong units.

16. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Urgh.

RoN, really? Don't compare anything to that. Ever. Not even shit. It makes shit look bad.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

1. Yes I agree that mediums should have an advantage in speed over Heavys, but then again Heavys have more powerful engines.

2. I also agree that Heavys on both teams are massive moving destruction structures, even worse when you could put 5 missles on the NF one. Heavys are probably the only thing in the game that can counter the RPG but it still sucks against ML's so this one is up to the developers really if they consider this topic.

18. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

You just lost your posting privileges.

19. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

I dont know a lot about the engines, but dont heavy tanks weight more?
    More weight+more horsepower = same speed?

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

yes, its how 16 wheelers can still go fast.