Medic system revamped

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blizzerd, Jul 25, 2009.

?

Bleeding and new globally "baked in on spawn" skill (applying tourniquet/small heal)

1. Yes

30.4%
  2. No

69.6%
  1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

to keep people together even if in small groups a "bleed" system could be implemented

basically if you get damage there is a ~25% chance you start to bleed, this bleeding can be stopped by ANYONE (in your team) who stops and holds the USE key while standing next to you for 5 or 6 seconds (applying a tourniquet?)

doing so on a bleeding player will also make the hurt player instantly regain some health they lost (15% or so) and can be applied on a hurt player that is not bleeding (as a medical care application)

the bleeding strength would be calculated on the damage done that caused it with a minimum of 0.5% per second and a maximum of 5% per second (1/10 of the damage that caused you to bleed will be dealt per second, so if a cannon shell damaged you for 25% and you start to bleed, 2.5 health starts to subtract from your health bar per second)

if your health bar empties itself due to bleeding, you die

Why?

if every player is a medic, but cannot apply it to himself and even small damage left untreated could possibly eventually kill you over time people will stay close to someone who can treat there bleeding, a partner or even just remain to solo but close enough to the other guys so you can run over and ask to be treated

And what about engineer repair tool?

also engineers healing tool stuff should be replaced by this (so everyone heals equally) and possibly an upgrade perk for the engineer (replacing healing upgrade, possibly keep the name for obvious reasons) that doubles the healing effect on each tourniquet applied

And what about health boxes?

They remain to have the current function, plus they will also cure bleeds, this will be the only way to cure a bleed on your own

And what about bio damage?

only the initial damage should have the chance to add a bleed effect, bio damage over time should not add bleed because it would make it horribly OP ;)

also bio will not be treatable by this, you ether sit out the effect while being kept alive by a tourniquet once in a while, grab some health from a health box or just wait for the inevitable to happen (maybe you will not die ;) )

And what about the time spend to implement?

Everything needed for this is already coded in the game, just has to be copied and pasted and the variables have to change with only a few lines of new code to glue it all together and to remove the engineer tool healing power

the tourniquet applying completion bar is the scout sabotage bar, the damage over time is the bio damage with a total resist for anything but infantry, ...etc, the only problem i see is making it "different" from bio (make tourniquets not heal bio but heal bleed) if this turns to be impossible or hard bio and bleed could be made the same thing (and thus bio gets nerfed a little :() but i believe squad auras already heal you without curing BIO so it should be possible to make easy enough

also it would be nice that a kind of "bleed chance" variable could be given to some weapon types (to increase or decrease from the basic chance of bleeding a player)

Who gets the kill point when you get damaged after getting a bleed but killed by the bleed?

When bleed kills you the guy who did the damage that made you bleed gets the kill (but killing someone who is bleeding by someone else's damage still gets you the kill ofc) the cause of death is shown by a droplet of blood

like thisone http://www.geocities.com/rdnkja/blood_droplet.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  2. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

I think I see what you're trying to do, but personally I don't like it.

Are you more interested in the 'everyone heals anyone' aspect or the bleeding aspect? If the first, I would simply say let everyone E-heal each other like they can E-build buildings. If the latter, I just can't agree that I would enjoy bleeding.

3. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

This will be very annoying. You get hit once somewhere randomly even with low dmg and start to bleed, no teammates around/they died and you WILL die, this is just extremly annoying, especially for people who try to ninja and get hit by random shots...

also 25%? that's pretty high.

(To conclude, I dont like this.)

4. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

I agree.

A lot of people on this forum need to think things through before they suggest something.

5. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I do like that this would force people to stick together, but I'm it also seems really annoying.

6. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yeah exaclty what I think.

7. pixelized

pixelized Member

I like if the blood drips onto your goggles/eyes and obstructs your vision until you wipe it off. Game definitely needs more gore. Shooting someone in the neck/head should spew blood. I'd also like more blood curling screams of agony when you crush enemy players with a tank and is a little profanity in the voice taunts too much to ask for.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

So basically you are all bitching because this would make it impossible for you to solo in empires

newsflash, this is to make it not impossible but VERY HARD to solo, something most of us wanted? no?

if you ninja with 2 this would make it even easier to ninja, because as long as noone is actually killed you can just heal each other!

if you really dont like the bleed effect then just imagine some other effect that could be cured by another player

also, would you guys like it if you bleed until 1% hp and then stay alive like that?

edit: and on the 25% chance you start to bleed you have to agree that the chance has to be considerate because otherwise you do not have it often and all the effect is in vain

even if from weapons like smg its very likely you will bleed when shot at, the damage that caused the bleed will be low and so you will bleed veeeeery slowly

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I like the idea itself to make it harder to rambo and solo but I think the
    implementation needs an overthought.

10. o_O

o_O Member

I don't like the idea of walking over my own seismic grenade, taking 2 damage, and then bleeding to death for the next 10 minutes while I run around getting refs and sneaking into the enemy base.

Maybe make it so you only bleed 50% or 100% of the damage that caused you to bleed (before the micromachines/genetics kicks in and saves you). That way you only die if you were almost dead anyway. I like the idea of teammates being able to treat eachother, just not requiring it.

It shouldn't make it very hard to solo, it should encourage sticking together. I don't want to have to drag another player along to do 1 player's job, just so they can push E on me when I get shot.

11. Wilko

Wilko Member

People being able to heal each other should be a good thing in helping people stick together. I prefer the tourniquet idea stopping the bleed plus % healing and leaving it at that. Although I can see this turning into a problem if a group in cover behind walls gets hit with a mortar round, everyone starts bleeding and clusters round slapping on bandages and gets slaughtered by a few rifleman or more mortars. Could well end up causing more trouble than it's worth.

12. pixelized

pixelized Member

We already have this feature it's called the bio missile with a 100 percent chance to bleed.

13. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

bleeding... hmm... I think its a great idea. Getting shot at by smg and I start bleeding? sure it sucks havin a 25% chance to bleed with each shot that hits you... but the dmg a shot does to you is relatively small taking 5% of that dmg it dealt to you and doing bio dmg with that = a "SO WHAT" situation. Go cry to your momy if you bleed from a gun wound.

I would be more worried about a cannon hit or a punch I survived. lol! Actually I don't suppose I would survive a an upgraded punch even with extra health. With extra health (0.5%-5%) of 100 is still a (0.5-5) dmg bleed per second giving me 6-20 seconds(depending on bleed dmg) to scream my head off for help. lol

I do like the idea of getting rid of engy heal too. Giving the players the ability to heal each other takes the point whoring healing ability from the engy and allows him to do other things more useful. I would however, suggest that the tourniquets have a supply limit. Like you can only apply it 3-4 times and can be refilled at a health crate and each one does 15% heal, so as to keep two players from being too much of a Rambo team.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  14. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Does everyone have me blocked or something?

15. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

It's a really cool idea, but not very good for gameplay. First off, let's say you get shot once with a pistol but kill your attacker, and nobody is nearby. You bleed half to death and are finished off by another attacker.

Secondly, imagine snipers. Sure, they may take most of your health if they hit you once or twice in the head, but with the bleeding system those shots will quickly kill you if you're not within seconds of being healed.

And now imagine a noob and a veteran player on different teams with riflemen and heavy rifles. The noob sprays lead randomly and hits the veteran quite a lot. The veteran's aim is moved quite a lot by the noob's shooting but kills the noob anyway...with 10 health to spare. He dies seconds later.

This is why you think in terms of gameplay and not concept.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

ah, i see, nm then

17. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

and stop stripping engies from any good they can do, or i wont have a class to play... :(

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

engies currently have about 50% of whatever there is to do, and the other 50% is divided to all the other classes

prove me wrong, i dare ya

19. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

however, engies have only support things to do, and stripping them only to building things would stop people playing them.
    Rifleman can kill people, blow up tanks and buildings.
    Gren can kill people blow up tanks and buildings.
    Scout can kill people blow up tanks (with stuns ya can do it), sap buildings, or just sit there and fail.
    Engie can die to a gren. Engie can die to a rifleman. Engie can die to a scout. its 30% of what engie can do. And it can keep buildings up, unkill people, unblow buildings. Take away unkilling part, and engie turns into fail.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

scouts grens and engineers have equal combat capabilities

engineers can build and repair buildings that provide benefits and support to your team

engineers are the economically best (and thus, best overall) tank drivers

1 or 2 engineers can build turrets and keep an entire squad or 2 pinned down on a position

engineers can effectively make a building invulnerable to scout sapping (build a wall around it)

engineers can destroy a building faster then any infantry class

engineers can destroy a base of buildings on there own (ammo crate in centre and grenade spam)

engineers can make parts of the map a choke point where it was not (or not to that extent) before

engineers can trap enemy tanks

etc etc etc