Media Pack

Discussion in 'Archive' started by KILLX, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Something that may be good for promoting Empires would be a collection of concept art in PDF format. I know some people, me included, love this sort of thing, and it really gives a better appreciation for a game/mod when done right.

e.g. the Free BioShock PDF art book

edit: also, compilations of Empires Story, and new icons would be good.

Edit 2: also, wallpapers for both sides would be great, as well as hi-res versions of all the empires trailers

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

yes, its a double post, sue me. download this and give me feedback. DO IT NOW!

also, the only .txt's worth reading are the readme, and the Video Place Holder, all the other placeholders are empty.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

why does it say bioshock pdf?

Also, I don't have anything that reads pdfs properly.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader_2/down_reader.htm

Like a lite version of Adobe Acrobat, with All the features and basic editability. With this, if you double click a pdf file it loads in 1.2 seconds, with acrobat it loads in 10! I have no idea why acrobat is such a hog :pathetic:

:( Max rapidshare userage for 100 minutes..

5. ^Dee^

rapidshare doesn't work well with firefox btw. I'll try upload it to my file host thingy

EDIT: And thanks for the reader thingy :)

EDITEDIT: media fire link

EDIEDIEDIT: It could do with some in game screenshots, the trailer, some of the newer fan art pieces and what-not :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Thanks for the medfire link.

I think Dee's covered most of it although I wouldn't throw in too many normal screens, 20 or so should be good. What you could consider is to have an individual screenshot of each vehicle in the game (so what they actually look like compared to their concept artwork).

I don't know if we have any of these, most of those concept drawings are a first for me and I love them, but what is even cooler are Schematics - where all the salient features are pointed out (I notice they are there for the weapons but not vehicles) - e.g. like on the transport you mark the deploy bay, the cockpit, etc...no need for measurements and details like that, just the big things.

I was also thinking screenshots (or whatever) of each of the official maps...er map, with the res nodes and spawns or flags pointed out.

I can't really think of anything else (except a txt file of credits) because you have lots of good stuff there already. eek!..just realised I must write more if it's actually getting into the pack...does anyone actually read the other stories apart from the ~8 people who regularly post in that section?

7. ^Dee^

I have pictures of all the vehicles, buildings and new weapon models (bar 2 that are in RC33) if you need any of those.

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

edit: @dee it was bioshock.pdf as an example of what we could put in the Empires PDF artbook

the videos will be in there. its over 300 megs with them included, look at "Video Place Holder.txt" for more info.

going to throw in some Empires icons too, and I'm hoping to get the Empires trailer music from Broccoli.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

have you got all the garrys mod art and drawings that krenzo and the gang have done in that?

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

dunno. your rather vague. i have all the GMod stuff from the media page, and all the concept art from the media page. the pack is only 20 mb, just dl it so you can see whats actually in there.

12. Chahk

Chahk Member

Add some more fan art from the gmod thread!

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i dont have the time to fish through there. i'm uploading the final archive on 29th. i have school work to do, and PDF's to make. if you can link me directly to the image files for one you would like to see added, go ahead, I'll download them and stick them in. I also would need the creators names, as I'm crediting all contributors of content in the readme

14. Chahk

Chahk Member

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

definately chuck the christmas one up at christmas, hell, we could stage a whole christmas event. announce on the 15th or so that there's gunna be a massive game of empires on the 20th (the friday before christmas), and chuck that photo in to get attention. it's be great after release advertising, sure to grab a few more people into the game, and is the sort of thing that can be put on ModDB and so on.

16. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

17. Chahk

Chahk Member

OMG. How could I have forgotten this gem!

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I find your lack of faith disturbing...lol, also the map one was pretty cool..wow, lots of cool stuff here!

All in all, looks like a really good pack. I don't really know what else to add ^^

btw...thanks :)

20. KILLX

KILLX Banned

ok, the media pack is done. I've made 2 .zip archives: the full media pack (330MB), and a "Lite" version (30.1MB) that doesn't include the videos (video alone is 300 megs). I've successfully uploaded the Lite version to FileFront, however I keep getting server errors when I upload the the full pack. So, I need some help here. How the hell am I to upload the full media pack now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.