Mech Warriors or Walkers?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Binboy, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binboy

Binboy Member

This Thread may have already been made but I don't have all day to skim over old forum threads.

I was thinking of making Walkers ingame like the on From BF2142 or the Older game the Mech Warriors Series. What I think is that Mechs use a different factory than VF it has it's own Mech Factory The Mechs are seperated into 4 different Chassis, Light / Medium / Heavy / Assault, And I honestly don't worry about what is going on in the world of Empires I suspect it's Futuristic.

Light: Light armoured Equivelent to the Light Tanks (Slower though) thus slightly stronger in everyway. (more expensive of course) Does not contain any cannons only 1 ML and 2 MG slot.

Medium: Medium Mech Equivelent to your Medium Tanks (Slightly Faster though) thus a little stronger in Health and Armor than it does not Contain any cannons only MLs and MGs.

Heavy: Equivelent to your happy awesome Heavy tanks (Slightly Faster again.) More armor and Health than the Heavy tank but does not contain any cannons.

Assault: The strongest in the Mech chassis has even stronger armor than the Heavy chassis as well as Heavy tanks (Walks very slow slightly slower than a Heavy Tank) Due to it's slow speed it makes up in Taking one for the team without dying and shooting back with devestating force (Contains 4 cannon slots and afew MLs and MGs liek the others)

To Even out the game, People who enter mechs can only "ENTER AND EXIT" this vehicle by going into a factory Engineers cannont repair on the field and can only be repaired at a Repair Factory or a Mech Factory, The Mech factory should/look like it has Multiple Mech Parking Compartments so Mechs take shelter in the Factory there are like 4/6 compartments for the Mechs to sit when sitting in these compartment the Mechs are automaticly repaired and the driver of the mech could exit or enter. To research mechs you should/need to get Mechenical engineer and Upgrade chassis (Mech Chassis/medium/Advance Mech chassis/heavy/assault) in Order.
    Cost for Such mechs will be quite a bill, Only use Mechs if you want Full Frontal assaults and fights. Anyways anything under Heavy Mechs cannot use cannons. Assault Mechs will cost a fortune (HINT) :P

Pros: Fun walking over infantry :D
    Hopefully Fair without cannons until assault.
    More vehicles.
    Adds more Depths to Vehicle Combat.
    Less Symetrical Tanks.

Cons: S*** LOADS of Coding and Modeling :(

2. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

Pros: Tank + Walker = "rollerskate effect" = lots of lulz

Cons: Lots of fallen-over walkers.

3. Binboy

Binboy Member

LoL I've only got this idea because in the game Garrysmod Some guy made an acctual Mech warrior vehicle it's driven like a normal vehicle/jeep.

4. Chahk

Chahk Member

This was discussed and shot down many times for the reason that mechwarrior-type vehicles don't fit in the Empires universe.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Cons: read the "what should i not suggest" information thread

6. Binboy

Binboy Member

Alright, If this threads gonna be shotdown by a Mortar. Case closed, Thread went KABUME!!!

7. Empty

Empty Member

This has been mentioned, empires is a strange universe, it is futuristic, yet not as advanced as modern day technology in some places.
    I dunno, just weird.

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Duplicate thread, bad idea, etc. Closed.

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Also you might want to read the suggestion guidelines sticky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.