Maybe I'm a fascist...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Niarbeht, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Was comming Money on the On|E server, game was pretty even but we were pushing into the enemy base somewhat (we probably won, but my connection to the server died). Anyway, some guy on my team, HolyLucifer, got a med tank with absorbant... and promptly discovered a bug! And proceeded to give himself hordes of armor! Not just once, though....

Oh no, at least twice he did this. Perhaps more, my attention was on more important things. In spite of being told what to properly do, and to stop doing what he was doing (trying to abuse the bug to give himself hordes of armor), he continued to exploit.

Now, maybe I'm overreacting here, maybe he'll never do it again, maybe I've been making way too many posts in this forum, but just maybe this mod's been seeing an influx of both honest noobs, and noobs who are perfectly willing to exploit.

Avair was there, and will hopefully be popping in to post some stuff.

I believe I recorded a short demo, hopefully it'll prove useful. Other than that, I have screenshots and a condump.

They'll be posted once I'm done uploading them. I'm thinking I'll start bundling these things in RAR files.

EDIT: Argh! Only had one screenshot, and I can't find my demo! *grumbles* If Avair didn't get anything, this topic should probably get deleted. Sorry for being a bother.

http://www.the42nd.com/publicftp/Todd/lucifer.rar

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. Darg

Darg Member

Can you give any details on the bug itself? I think that's a more important issue. If that bug is fixed then it's one less exploiting oppurtunity.

3. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I'm not sure where Empires saves the demos, but be sure to check the hl2dm folder.

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Demos are saved in Empires directory.

5. Avair

Avair Member

I crashed so no I don't really have any 'stuff' :-/

6. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Kill this thread! Delort it! He did the responsible thing in the end!

I'm still mad that he abused it, but at least he reported it.

7. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Edit: Authority overruled :(

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Its a known bug, also with reactive and I hope it gets fixed soon aswell.
    I reopened this thread (if you dont mind Bodrick) because did any of you actually get in the tank to see if it reproducable or whatever and till how much armor he got, because afaik even enemy shots can up your right armor with absorbant or reactive. Just didnt find a way to reproduce it.

More details would make it easier to fix, did he only use cannons or cannons and missiles?

TBH (dont quote me on this one) im guessing this is the same bug as before but because of the self damage that is implimented since 1.06 you can now do it to yourself

edit: moved to bugs section, I dont think people need to get banned for finding a bug and using it the first time, if he keeps doing it again make sure to make a demo and post it in ban hammor

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

It is very easily reproduces, especialy with the NF, I was thinking of posting about it here and how exactly you can get it to work, but I wouldn't dare since I knew how much of a big deal this would be... this is worse by FAR then the engineer repair bug...

If I am given permision I will elaborate on how to exactly you can do it...

And thats true... enemy shots especialy arty, if they land in the right range they will give you armor instead of taking it away...

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Just pm it to Krenzo. I never tried to really reproduce it but I have mentioned it a few times. But yeh this is a very obvious bug so it shouldnt be much of a problem to post it here and if you still think its a abusable in a way no one would find out always e-mail it or contact a dev about it. Im sure Krenzo can fix this for the next patch :)

Its not really a big deal tho, you can still damage the armor plates, or just hit another side.

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

[​IMG]

Now if you dont call that a problem... O.o;;

Thats a light tank by the way...

Sent a PM to Krenzo

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

oh so thats why i couldnt kill you! ,, haha thats sucks that people would abuse that

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I have only used it once... when I found out how it worked...

But the problem lies in that when you battle another tank, you can exploit like this off the tank...

14. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Dude that tank is a mobile nuclear bunker!

15. Jn.

Jn. Member

I think the idea of bunkers with gun mounts has been thrown around before. Maybe Krenzo gave these to us............................the easy way :D

16. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

:-O

That's not a light tank, that's a space station!

17. Darg

Darg Member

Well the ISS has about a 2cm thick skin. I would not like to see it get hit by a tank shell.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

aye this bug happend to me yesturday,, what happened was i was shooting the enemy ref with my cannon,, and all the splash damage was giving me more armor on the sides,, but not on the front or back,, wierd

19. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Bad you! All of you!

"That's no moon, that's a space station!"
    -Obi Wan Kenobe, Star Wars: A New Hope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.