Mayamas infantry weapon discussion 3: NFHR & BEAR

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by -Mayama-, Jan 9, 2013.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

If you look at the competitive scene, well at really good players you notice that no one uses the nfhr or bear if he plays serious. Both weapons are only used to fuck around, you could remove them from the game and nothing would change. Both weapons need a major overhaul to be actually usefull.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I dont get why bear got fucked over after 2.12 really.

It was basically same as nfar afair, then it got changed to burst, which had varied usefullness between releases, now its just somewhat accurate, but with high rof and spread, which makes it shit in cc. I never really liked nfhr. It has good accuracy, but its dps is low and that bonus accuracy doest come into play very often, with the shitty ironsights that doesnt let you aim properly. Its one reediming quality was that in age of targets, you didint have to be surgical with your ironsights, you knew where you have to aim already. I can't really see how you could rescue it without makig nfar shit.

Tbh I could see just making nfar and bear equal again and getting rid of secondaries.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

NFHR is a bit useless. I'll raise the damage a decent amount in the next patch. I kind of disagree about the BEAR, I've had some pretty decent success with it. I can raise the damage a bit, but the key aspect to it is that if you're crouched (and didn't move in the last second), it's laser-accurate.

Either way, I won't change the behaviour of how the weapons work, because I intend to wipe everything clean and start over with the infantry weapons after the next patch, so there's not much point to that. But I'm happy to change discrete values like damage, falloff, etc.

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I find the bear usefull in certain situations, medium range to long range with an ammo box next to you, the high rof is just incredible but you run out of ammo sooooooo goddamn fast. love to use the gun though

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

The reason I never use BEAR (under absolutely no fucking circumstances, no matter what/who I am encounting with.)is because the only thing that BEAR "might" be better than BEHR is the accuracy.(If you are firing full-auto style, BEAR isn't even more accurate.)
    But it's possible to increase BEHR's accuracy by controling it well.
    Also, BEHR has bigger capacity.
    so just fuck BEAR.

6. Trickster

I don't want to raise the mag size, but I could allow you to take more ammo.

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

do this and increase accuracy. Cause behr is more accurate than this one in burst. I tested it out on a pole today.

8. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I was fucking around with the nfhr on a game of canyon earlier, and yeah, it's absolutely terrible. What's even worse is that the ironsights, which are sort of necessary, become nigh unusable because the muzzleflash of the nfhr blocks them out, similar to the nfar but even worse.

9. Trickster

Muzzleflash is a pain in the ass and I can't do a great deal about it, but it's really, really annoying.

10. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

If it is at all possible, could you simply remove it, or make it so that the muzzleflash only displays once every 5 seconds or so?

11. Trickster

That's Empty's department really, but I do recall him getting mad at how little room he had to work with in that area, and how so much he just couldn't change.

12. Trickster

Just committed to SVN:

Code:
    NFHR Damage - 32 -> 35
    BEAR Damage - 25 -> 30 - Yeah this is probably a really, really bad idea.
    BEAR Spawn mags +1, Max mags +2 - More stupid, stupid mistakes.
    Moving modifiers for BE P2 removed - Again, this is probably a terrible idea.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Still not going to use BEAR and NFHR.

14. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

removing the moving modifier completly from p2 will make it a long range shooty :P

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Also, still not going to uise bear.
    What does exactly does changing nfhr to 35 accomplish.? It makes it more potent in cqc against engineers ,yes, but if you are using it like that then you suck/are in a bad position anyway.

16. Trickster

Changing the NFHR to 35 makes a considerable difference, given that it's the only weapon which has absolutely 0% falloff. No matter what range you hit with, it does 35 damage on a body shot. Why does that matter?

Because to kill someone with 100 HP with a 32 damage weapon takes 4 shots, and to do it with a 35 damage weapon takes 3 shots. Obviously some people have HP upgrade, or rifleman armour, but it makes a sizeable difference vs at least 60% of engagements.

Probably. You asked for the change, you bear responsibility for the consequences Mayama.

17. Michael

Michael Member

3 semi-auto hit kills against non-rifle, non hp boost? Woot? Yum-yum. :cool:
    Time to dig up some old factionist weapon cache, for the bigboomstick.

If only the ironsights would get fixed...

18. Trickster

Yeah, the ironsights are horrific. I don't think they'll ever get fixed though unless we get a new model.