Mayamas infantry weapon discussion 2: FFS SHOOTY

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by -Mayama-, Jan 9, 2013.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

We all know the shooty pistol is absolutly dangerous now, most say OP and alot of good players have already proofed that you can get high K/D with only using the shooty pistol and nothing else the whole game.

The major problem is that brenodi pistol 2 is a joke and cant compete in any way with the shooty. Its very hard to hit anything after the first shot with it in hectic close combat situations, the enviroment in which you usually use a secondary and the action orientated combat in 2.4 makes you an easy prey for everyone else if you try to crouch and aim with p2.

P2 needs to change, I dont care give it 3 pellets, make it so enemys get stamina damage, get poisoned, get marked as targets etc. dont care but in its current state its a joke.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Bring forth the nerf wagon!

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

The problem with shotty is that its one of the few instakills in the game. It does indeed make nf more potent in cc. Im torn as to what to say about it. Its definately imbalanced towards be, and on some maps instakill is kinda gay, but i'd be a fool to say I don't love the weapon.

4. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Needs a slight nerf imo but not too much as it was weak before it got buffed and over nerfing things is stupid. I think it needs more spread to give it less effective range rather than a damage reduction.

5. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

I can't kill anything with shotty pistol.. I've even reloaded it 4 times to one enemy and didn't kill him.. It only really works if you're at melee range. Atleast for me.

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Do you play on epic most of the time? Like today? Cause i wasnt able to hit stuff with it while playing on this server. On viper, where I have 3 times the ping it instakills people perfectly at half rax range and 2 hs kill someone at rax length most of the time.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

On the one hand, I should really tone down shotty a little.

On the other hand, since the day I started playing Empires, the shotgun pistol has been my favourite weapon. I'm sorry but, if there's one single thing I think I can have personally in Empires, it's the shotty pistol the way it is now. That weapon has brought me so much joy over the years, and getting a few kills with it brings a satisfaction to me like no other weapon does.

As for BE Pistol 2, I did buff it a bit, but I think the accuracy whilst moving is way too bad. I'll try to improve that for the next patch. After the next patch, I plan to start over with the infantry weapons completely, so everything will be completely imbalanced then anyway.

8. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

What do you mean by this? Balance reworking or a complete overhaul with new weapons or what? Please clarify.

9. Trickster

The models won't change but the way they spew bullets will. To be exact, I won't be tweaking what we have now, I'll be resetting them all and starting from that.

10. communism

communism poof

shotties always been gay as hell

11. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Why start from scratch? It seems every time the weapon scripts get reasonably good someone decides to start them again from scratch.

12. OuNin

OuNin Member

trickster you should make a thread to discuss this

13. Trickster

The values in their base form haven't changed since 1.0. I have no idea why 90% of the things do what they do, because I wasn't the one who set it like that.

There will be no discussion in this, it is being done. The discussion will happen once the weapons start taking shape, and people give feedback. 90% of people will hate them, like they did the RC scripts at the start. People hate change. But the fact is, the scripts are in a really messy state, and they need a clean start. I'll happily discuss what I plan to do, and take feedback on that. But there will be no discussion on whether we leave the scripts as they are now, or move. 90% of people are always going to say "I WANT NO CHANGE. CHANGE IS BAD", so it's not really worth it. It's happening either way.

But it'll be the patch after this one, or maybe even the one after that. It's going to take me a long time, and I'll need a lot of testing before I can roll them out for public use. I haven't even started them yet.

The only thing I promise I won't change is the mortar arc.

14. OuNin

OuNin Member

yeah that's what i meant as far as discussion goes

less people will hate the scripts if they're partially involved in the new changes especially since the changes wouldn't be coming out of thin air

15. Trickster

Well, there's no point discussing until I start properly. I plan on going as batshit insane as the scripts will let me. I will force variation into the weapons kicking and screaming if I have to. I'm talking about shit like one team having a super fast RPG, the other team having guidance. The NFHR becoming a long range shotgun, the BEAR becoming a burst carbine again.

I was generally thinking that NF would become more about multiple rounds at once, and BE more about controlled fire. It'll really take some working though, and I don't see the point in discussing it now, I have no intention of putting pen to paper for at least another month or 2.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Im so glad i got to play empires when it was fun.

2.2 part two incoming.

17. Trickster

2.2 was boring because everything was low RoF with low damage. I'll probably be increasing lethality, rather than lowering it.

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Its insanly lethal right now

19. Trickster

Your face.

20. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Oh ho ho, that was clever.