Mark the double res flow nodes appropriately in-game

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by The Buttery Lobster, Dec 13, 2007.

1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

basic idea; afaik there is no indication that the damn dam in emp_valley and the center resource node in emp_isle give double the resources while you're playing the game. There is CERTAINLY no indication for infantry and afaik there is no indication for the commander, either. At the very least, the commander should know. Currently, the only way to find out about this is asking around, reading the start up map description (and come on, who really reads map details? The bannable offenses, maybe, but the map details?), or finding out ahead of time.

You could do this any number of ways. I would like to see the res node magnified so it's twice as big, but anything could work-- a message on the commander overhead somehow, a larger yellow dot on the minimap, a little sign in-game that say "omg extra money here!" you name it I like it.

Obviously, if there IS some indication for the commander that idk about (I never command) then just close this thread.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  2. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Agreed

3. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

As an idea (since i didnt make the rocks steam for my res nodes, just to confuse people) you could mark it nicely by having a number of angled gas vents for each site.

e.g. one straight up = 1x res, two out at 180degrees to each other and pitched at 45degrees = 2x res , three at 120 degree intervals and 45 degree pitch = 3x res, etc. I explain like a fat donkey tightrope walks.

if i do more to my map ever i may try that - its a good idea to mark the difference.

4. CrimsonGear

CrimsonGear Member

wow i didn't even know,i agree.

5. The Buttery Lobster

for all i care the res node could be replaced by a giant taco that shoots ice cream out the top of it; point is something needs to be done.

6. Chahk

Chahk Member

7. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Yes definitely. Ive played for over two years and while I knew about the res node in the damn I never have about the one in Isle...

I like the idea of having more elaborate vents but simply a scaling change would be good enough. Or maybe having the res point a different color on the mini map.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

swamprat wins, fantastic idea.

[​IMG]

I think this would be enough, I was gunna suggest a larger or different shaped/coloured dot on the minimap, but frankly swamprat's idea is the best.

btw the middle node on dust storm is also double.

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

That looks like someone is pooping D:

10. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

It would be nice. I mean, A surprising few people know that the middle res node of isle gives more than the rest :P

11. Sewage

Sewage Member

+1 for two piles of hot steamy poop!

12. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Really? I always preferred to avoid capping that node since it's smack dab in the open. :headshot:

I'm all for a 'double res' model. Some of us are visual learners and will quickly take the hint that it's more valuable.
    Thus making those areas more contested since most players would know its importance.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

It only needs to be added by mappers to get the feature ingame.

14. Chahk

Chahk Member

Same for the minimap image. Mappers are the ones marking the resource nodes on there with yellow dots, not the game.

15. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Well can you guys hurry up and decide something so I know whether there is work to be done or not?

16. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Just mark the minimap with the super nodes.

I'm not sure which maps have them though.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

don't bother marking the minimap in my opinion.

once you see the super node it'll be VERY obvious, and changing minimaps will be pointless.

18. The Buttery Lobster

jcw it doesn't take anything fancy, just make it, like a cluster of three nodes, or make it twice as big, or extra gas spews out the sides or soemthing. whatever you want and whatever you can think of will be fine, i'm sure.

19. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

showing it on the minimap would be easier to go back and change existing maps than re changing anything on the real level.

20. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

So, its decided, all I need to know now...
    whats gonna be the difference between the double res flow nodes and single res flow nodes?
    :D