Mapper's Requests

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Degenatron, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Degenatron

Degenatron Member

I have four requests in the area of map building:

1. 1/16th Scale FGD - Even if it's incomplete, anything would help. I know that it'll be released eventually and that I couldn't run the map at that scale right now, but I'd like to get a head start on a massive map and it would help get the scaling right.

2. <1 Resource Rates - The ability to set Res Nodes to output below 1 per sec. Being able to set res nodes at .25, .5, and .75 would allow for more control of the res flow and allow for more res points in large maps (without a res glut).

3. Build Restriction Flags in Emp_Info_Params - Flags that say "No Vehicle Factories", "No Barracks", "No MG Turrets", ect. That way it could be backwards compatible to existing maps, but would allow future maps to restrict specific structures. Structures that are restricted could be listed in black in the Comm's build screen.

4. Trigger_Vehicle_Repair - This would allow mappers to build thier own vehicle repair pads that could be capturable, or indestructable, or limited in the amount of repair, ect. Cool additions to this would be setting for "Ground vehicles Only" or "Aircraft Only".

I know Ezekiel said to put them all in seperate threads, but I have so many ideas I'm trying to limit the amount of begging I do :D And all of these had a common theme so I lumped them together. Maybe we we could make this like a mappers wish-list catch-all thread.

Once again, thanks for the consideration and the great game.

D-Gen

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

There is no way to tell hammer to allow construction in 1/16th scale, you have to either build at full scale and then scale it down, or build it in 1/16th scale.
    I'm sure you can set resource output to less than 1.
    As for building restrictions, i agree.
    Auto repair zones can be build by using a tirgger_hurt with negative damage and using a filter_multi to combine a filter_activator_team and a filter_activator_class.
    Set the team filter to the team who should receive the repair, and the class filter to emp_vehicle (add another class filter and put emp_imp/nf_commander if you want CV's to be healed as well)
    I don't know the aircraft entity name, and aircraft aren't exactly coming in a month, so you shouldn't worry about them for now.

3. Degenatron

Degenatron Member

Thanks Solo! I'll definately give that Trigger_hurt a try. I knew that you could do that with player healing, but I didn't know it would work with vehicles.

On the FGD, you can't scale the entities. An FGD with place-holder boxes that show the size of 1/16th scaled buildings would allow me to do the building at 1/16 without having to rescale.

I've tried the <1 res output - it doesn't work. The game rounds down to 0, and the node has no output.

Thanks for the feedback Solo,
    D-Gen

Another request:

No Comm Entities - Brush based entities that appear transparent or completely see-through for the commander. It's a rip-off from Natural Selection, but it was nice feature.

D-Gen

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008
  4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

You know you could just use the regular 1/16th scale models with a prop dynamic don't you?

5. Degenatron

Degenatron Member

I finally got around to trying out your suggestion Chris, and I couldn't find those small models.

I looked in the Imperial and NF Buildings sections but all of the models there are standard size.

D-Gen

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Most 1/16th models of buildings, vehicles, etc are not in the current release, they will be added sometime in the future.

7. Degenatron

Degenatron Member

OK, I had a sneaky feeling. Thanks, Solo.

I'm using the full sized ones and then deleting them and then scaling the geometry as a work around.

D-Gen

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Another way is to scale the areas with the models, then remove the model itself, but keep the entity, and add the name of the model in the comment section of the entity.
    It keeps the exact location of the entity, and makes it much easier to alter the map afterwards.
    If you're scaling the emp_ entities which use models, change the entity to something like info_target.

9. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

If you can't set it to < 1 res per second, can't you make it so you get one res every 2 or 4 seconds (or for .75 3 res every 4 seconds.)

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'd like some buildable turrets which you can place in the map, just as an added option for engineers to build, and so that you could place some bespoke defensive weaponry in some areas, like ceiling turrets.