Map Voting - Let the people choose!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Destroyer224, Sep 19, 2007.

?

Is Map Voting a Good Idea?

1. Good Idea!

65.0%
  2. Bad Idea!

25.0%
  3. Indifferent

10.0%
  1. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I searched to see if I could find any threads about map voting and couldn't, so I decided to start a new thread about it. I was hoping that a plugin for map voting could be installed on the official server. It would make this actually quite easy for the players to decide what map they should play. If there are a few players, then they would pick a conquest map, (but they could still choose classic maps) if there were alot of people, they could play lots of classic maps and instead of just suddenly getting interrupted by Urban Chaos or another conquest map, they could choose when they wanted a breather from classic maps.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  2. arklansman

arklansman Member

Server Plugin.

That is all.

EDIT: That is not all. SOF is a classic map. :headshot: Map voting usually sucks anywa unless the choices are limited somehow. 24/7 district is not what we want. :|

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  3. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I understand this. I'm hoping to get some sort of plugin that does this on the official server, which will have others follow in its path and there will be no more cries of "Not District!" ever again.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Yup, definitely a plugin deal, and yup, should be on the official server.

5. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i like the idea of maps being chosen based on how many people are in the server-- i.e. 10>=X, with x being # ppl. and there are 50% conquest maps, and 10<X, and there are like 90% classic maps. but idk how to do any of this.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

plugin, and not on the main server. why? because I don't want to play the good maps over and over until they suck. sometimes you absolutely hate a map, and you just need to play it one more time to learn that actually it's bloody good.

7. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

how about only having a 'next' vote instead of voting for which map you wont

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i think this will help the people tryin to get the server full.. chances are people wont join if they see 3/32 emp_duststorm.. but 3/32 emp_district will probably get people in..

and for playing the good maps over and over.. i doubt this will happen because so many people think differently about what maps are good.. only small votes will actually work

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

/me hands out pins that say "Let the people choose"

Altho I would like to have it so that the map vote won't play a map 3x in a row.
    district * 3 = asswater

10. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I think there's a plugin out there that shows a random selection of 5 or so maps, with the previous two maps played not on the list, to prevent playing them twice in a row. If everyone on the server wanted a conquest run, they could still do that, but they couldn't do a two-in-a-row district game.

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

Mani lets you have a random map vote come up automatically, or an admin can do it and so on.

12. unconnected

unconnected Member

Krenzo has made it clear that the official server is to be kept clear.. Whether it is for debugging or just out of principal that's the one thing(and maybe the only thing in this world) I am respecting without asking. No doubt it would make sense, but the principal of it I can understand.. Kind of like why you just don't pick up a guitar in a store and play stairway.. No reason why really as it kicks ass, but you just don't do it :)

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

You can do that in every guitar store I've ever been (except one snotty one in Munich where the people can just go die)

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

guitar centers let you play the shitty hundred dollar fender rip offs but they wont let you touch a les paul or a prs