Map Grid idea(s)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FishThePirate, Dec 9, 2007.

1. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

1.) I was playing on a server and a guy (his name escapes me) suggested a novel sort of thing that might be easily implemented. He suggested that the commander have the ability to "jump" to a square on the grid by simply typing it's coordinates (maybe he'd have to hold down shift or something).

2.) I have another suggestion to add to this: Put all the grids the same way around. As it is now some grids have "A" at the bottom and some have "A" at the top and it just confuses things. Some grids don't have the letters/numbers shown on the minimap edges. Just a little consistency would be nice.

3.) Third idea/suggestion (this one is a little more out there): A scout could mark objects like mines and turrets so that they would appear on the minimap. Not just the abitrary orange square but the marker would indicate what was marked. For example, a scout see's a bunch of mines and marks them so they appear on the minimap and are identifiable as mines. They wouldn't even have to be actual little mine icons, they could just be white dots or something, and then turrets could be red or green or whatever. I just think it would be cool for the scout to be able to deliver lots of information (since reconnaissance is his purpose really).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  2. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i think instead of standard Cartesian coordinate systems with numbers and letters, the maps should all be recorded in cylindrical coordinates. OR!

OR spherical coordinates.

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

I'd rather just have all the minimaps have the coordinates put on them.

4. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

There is one map that has the co-ordinates around the edges of the minimap, thats great, but its only one map, none of the others do that.

They all should

5. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Yeah, there's no point to coordinates if you cant understand what they mean. Sure, build at A3, may be anywhere in the top, bottom, left, or right of the map, but we dont know!

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Give this man a cookie.

I don't ever use the coordinate system though, it's much easier to find spots if they tell me "ref south west comm" instead of "ref a2"
    Also whenever I do use the coordinate system as a player, the commanders usually massively misplace a structure because the squares are quite big.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

A little consistency with minimap coordinates would be nice.