Man Cannon!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jongscx, Dec 22, 2008.

1. jongscx

jongscx Member

The advent of aircraft will (eventually) change the way we play empires, as cliffs will no longer guarantee impregnability. Also, a lot of our maps are going to have to be changed.

What I'm suggesting is an artillery "shell" that basically allows it to shoot team-members like shells. When in the air, the infantry-man is then forced to parachute all the way to the ground (making them vulnerable in the air) or even unable to shoot downwards.

I'm not sure about reload/fire rate, but the idea is that once the person is in the arty, the only way out is through the barrel.

Pro:
    -allow mappers to practice implementing impassable areas (if you can't fly into the area, you won't be able to shoot people into it...)
    -reduce turtling (even more... not really a problem in most cases I guess)
    -it would be awesome, plus having someone yell "Bring forth the MAN CANNON" ingame would be totally BA.

cons:
    -Tons of exploitability, such as landing people onto mountaintops, out of the map, etc. But you'd also be able to combat this with your own man cannon.
    -Tough to implement and not really cost-effective for what you're getting.
    -totally grief-able by shooting team members into deep water/out of the map/into turret farm.

Yes, this is very similar to the Bullfrog transport from RA3, but it was independently developed in my sick mind when someone actually did say "I wish we had some sort of man cannon" ingame...

2. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Good, you have also written down why we do not need that in Empires.

I asume you are not stupid, but a sugestion with so many cons is not worth implenting.

It's like a doctor that is doing a sugery and then removes 1 tumor and puts 2 back in...

3. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

we arent gonna fuck around with this, this is one of the manythings thant fucked red alert 3

4. RKB53

RKB53 Member

rofl dumbest idea ever

5. jongscx

jongscx Member

I did it for the lols... dun wrry, I don't suggest stupid things often...