Making "Trees"

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by †errais, Dec 10, 2007.

1. †errais

†errais Member

Hey, ok so..I've checked all over interlopers.net for a "Basic" tut to say, this is how you make trees that don't GO

ERROR ERROR ERROR, as in the big glowing red font.

Yes, I made sure Empires was the Mod where from I took the mdl and the entity is prop_detail

models/common/props_foliage/trees/foliagecluster02a.mdl

is what I took for my trees...so im sending out an S.O.S

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Try using prop_dynamic.

3. †errais

†errais Member

:S just compiled the map, took like 15 mins on my comp which is absurd....Anyways let me try that.

Negative, does not work.

4. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

try prop static with some of the other tree models. I think one of them gave me an error, but cant remember which

5. †errais

†errais Member

Aye, i got help already. But it was Prop_static....next issue...Lol. How do I make tallgrass able so that people can move through it. I've tried all the props like, dynamic, static and detail. But none let the player crawl through it.

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Use prop_static, but set collisions to "not solid".

7. †errais

†errais Member

Ahhh yeah, I remember that now lol. Its been a while since I last mapped. I changed the whole style of the game play a bit tho...Just for this map. Its like TicketsvsTickets so.....Team battle. If you have ever played CSS and ever Surfed, well you might like this map. But that is only in a few places, the whole map is based on more then less Scouts/engys. No ref, no comms, no VF. Theres a small base inside the map as well.

Anddddd im still trying to get the mini map to work correctly, this game is so awesome lol. Played it 2 hours after and I really haven't done anything for the past what has it been now 1wk,2dys or such........And I would give you guys the best recommendation in support. Not many other sites, excluding [.CoRe.]'s site, has good service as ye. But yeah. Thanks for your time.