Make the cv unmovable for 5-15 seconds if someone enters it.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lollum, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

You know this. You just got out of the cv to build a turret for example and someone comes and steals the cv, then suicides it. The best thing against griefers were admins so far, but on which server are admins 24/7 available?
    If you just make the cv unmovable for some seconds when someone who was not the comm before enters is, say 5-15, your team gets some time to kick the griefer out of the cv.

2. Cloud

Cloud Member

And what if the cv has been "captured" by the enemy and you manage to break it loose?
    Would you want to wait 5-15 secs before you could get the heck outta there?

3. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

If you can get it back, 5-15 secs shouldn't mean anything. And I think that losing games to griefers is worse than losing a game because you couldn't keep your goddamn ass in your own territory.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

quoted for greatness.

5. Alceister

Alceister Member

Potentially there could be a problem with comm getting shot by the enemy while outside the comm and a nearby friendly wants to drive it away to safety. Also, comm votes can take up to a minute before anyone realizes what's going on, by then someone could've either driven it into the enemy base or off a cliff.

6. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

15 Seconds is enough time to kill a commander, especially if he is stationary.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Ye, it got more - that + .
    15 seconds is enough time to plant another wall in front of the cv, in the place of the one you jumped out of the cv to remove.

I sure would like some way of removing cv stealing (in fact I'm more afraid of teammates near cv that enemys near cv).

One solution there is now: Admin - Slay.

8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Why the hell would you be captured outside of a base with a barracks if you can't move for the first 60 seconds?

The only time this could feasibly happen is on slaughtered if you haven't put a barracks in the second base before the enemy breaks through with a rush. But that shouldn't happen either unless your team is incompetent. On that note, Balancing for incompetence is impossible.

I like this idea.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

terrible idea, i see commanders almost walled frequently, or the commander jumps out to get what he thinks is an easy kill and gets hs'd. no way.

10. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

What if each time the com is switched between players, a comkick vote appears.
    that way I think everyone can react quick enough to kick a griefcom

11. [pro]Kagome

[pro]Kagome Member

I dont know, but there should be a purchase limit per time frame, say 2 vehicle purchases worth more than 500 res in less than 5 minutes should put a 10 minute hold on your ability to purchase vehicles or get into the driver seat of a tank. this would make griefers have a much harder time ruining our res.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

think you are in the wrong thread >_>

13. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

How about not driving into the enemy? The cv is actually not supposed to be on the frontline.

Then its his goddamn fault. If that happens, the cv is going to die quickly anyway. I also said that the one who was the commander before can move it instantly.