Make scout a stalemate breaker

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by [PRKL] Werihukka, Jun 12, 2009.

1. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

Here's a couple of suggestions for scout.

Summary: Make scout a stalemate breaker

1st: Sticky Stuns: Make them also insta-destroy walls. (helps vehicles get through even slightly massive wall spam)

2nd: Smoke: Make it fatigue enemies and heat enemy vehicles. (Helps your team advance in a clusterfuck. Also, makes smoke useful instead of completely useless)

This could have been suggested before, but..

3rd: Alternative Hide: Give scout a "weaponlike" tool, that gives him hide even while running, but when he needs to do something else than sabotaging, he has to abandon his hide. This way scout can advance through enemy lines to help breaking the stalemate instead of just sneaking alone half across the map for nothing. I don't see a problem keeping the present hide skill beside the alternative "hide tool".

4th: Another passive scout squadleadership skill that makes your squad immune to enemy targetting.

Alternative: Give scout something else that makes it helpful at breaking stalemates.

Also, general discussion about this kind of scout role.

2. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

my thoughts are that those suggestions are pretty shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
  3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think all of them would be better served with other classes.

This isn't going to make the scout useful, it's just going to mean someone has to change to it when the team encounters a wallspam.

4. o_O

o_O Member

Wouldn't heating enemy tanks be more like a stalemate maker? The wall breaking idea could work though.

5. zenarion

zenarion Member

I like the Poison Gas one.
    But that thing is really something that engineers should be doing.

6. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

Why?

No, it means scout becomes useful but not necessary. I'm not saying it should be overpowered to become necessary, but more like giving scout a supporting role instead of being completely unnecessary teamplay-wise.

How would it make stalemates? It prevents them from rushing yes, but it doesn't effect your own tanks or infantry, so you can rush. That makes stalemate breaking rushes more possible with teamwork. If they are used to make stalemates, then players are just too stupid to use it well. Maybe that's why this suggestion sucks then?

For example, if enemies are hiding behind walls or in a building, you can throw a smoke in there and they become vulnerable to rushing and it gives them reason to move backwards and then you can advance. This is how it should work. I'm not sure if people would be clever enough to use them that way, though.

Engineer doesn't need anything to be more useful teamplay-wise unlike scout. Engineer is the most needed class already, the most vital part of gameplay and teamwork.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i would prefer to see something like scouts being able to climbe over walls once his "recycle enemy building" ability (sabotage) does not work any more

also i would like to see the scout being the one to be able to put down radars and cameras (the petite ones)

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I like the sticky stuns breaking walls idea and the smoke causing stamina drain.. Although I hate smoke nades cause they make me lag.. And also I remember suggesting a scout squad leader power that gets rid of any targets on a squad member. I still like that but it's like how do you know when you even have a target? Plus the comm can just spam it on you again and again.. I dunno seems to cause a lot of confusion for the commander and team..

It's like this..
    *HMS VOICE* I JUST FUCKING TARGETED THAT APC IN OUR MAIN WHY ARN'T YOU KILLING IT?!?!
    *some guy* It's not targeted!

I like what your trying to do but those are the only ideas I really like. Sorry I couldn't be more constructive with my criticism like drummer x.

9. o_O

o_O Member

1) I feel like a good use of this would be standing behind walls in a choke point, throwing these everywhere to prevent tanks from having enough heat to use HE on your base from close range. I don't see how you could ever throw enough of them to force enemy tanks to be in smoke while THEY are on defence, they would just move a couple feet back toward their base and continue fighting.

2) Fatiguing enemies is a good way to slow them down, so it prevents rushing. If they are defending their base they don't need to move much anyway, other then running out of the smoke. This would also give turrets a huge advantage because they can see through smoke and fatigued people wouldn't be able to run behind cover fast enough.