Make micromanagement easier please

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Falchion, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Falchion

Falchion Member

Make binds like control group center on the squad you highlighted before, maybe add some kind of reader that records Actions Per Minute...

Interface is still shitty, can get in the way of clicking and such. Why not when you click on the research panel, it shows up in the actions corner and not in the right of your screen or any other tab?

Better hotkeys would be nice too, like Research Chemistry Improved missle compounds Back to index

Maybe make a fixed elevation for the camera, make it based on the elevation of the ground so that we don't have to keep adjusting the damn thing.

Designating tanks for specific persons will help too, as griefing noobs wont ruin the war by hopping in a 1k+ heavy.

Improved player tab: I went through it, and I don't see anything applicable for it. It's just too shoddy and hard to go through it. Either improve or remove please.

Show the player names in the unit counter at the bottom of the screen. Not much point in looking at it.

Can help a lot for commanders without mics. May take some time to do though.

Have at it, trolls.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

apart from the elitist "no tanks for newbies" i

/support

this. newbies need to be able to build tanks aswell - how are they supposed to learn them, if they cant build them on a full server too. i know its annoying if you are a good tanker and you cant build one because of vehicle limit - but thats how it works. you'll need to find a clan and scrim if you want coordinated teamplay only for the best of the group. nothing you can or should expect from pubs ...

3. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

I'd add ctrl+letter selects relevant squad.
    And I'd take 'Designating tanks for specific persons will help too, as griefing noobs wont ruin the war by hopping in a 1k+ heavy.' for reasons above.

other than that, seems fine.

4. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

+5, most excellent

5. Firedrill

Firedrill Member

eh i like my camera adjustable. i like to zoom in and out, give targets out, survey the field out, zoom in for specific troops to give orders and to check on turret types... idk what other coms think but i utilize it.

player tab i completely ignore, but umm, its nice to have i guess? lol. and i gotta say dont make the hot keys default because ill be trying to do one thing, like research info bind and all the sudden ill start researching something i dont want.. lol.. but makem as a option? that sounds cool. Id completely ignore it though.

6. Empty

Empty Member

The most important thing is specific player restriction.
    If someone like me is on your team and we have about 20 random pubbers, and the res for one tank, it's logical to give it to the vet, unfortunately we can't specifically give a tank to a vet, making one directly from the VF works usually, but it also gives the driver a config that might not be his most effective for his skills or for the price. And spawning an updated tank from the VF is just a pain in the ass for the comm since he can't do anything for about 30 seconds while he puts it together.

As a comm, I desperately want to be able to restrict all players from the VF and let one or two use it, because even in times of financial crisis, a cheap tank in the right hands can make a difference, but sadly 90% of the time it gets put in the wrong hands.

7. Firedrill

Firedrill Member

the only problems i see on that is griefers, that and new persons who join the game mid-match would be overlooked without having a voice.. idk for sure, yea i agree it may be handy, or even if you wanna move it to promote squads only available to squads/squad leads, as opposed to having to open the player tab and adjust things by name, and then of corse you run into the problem of persons coming in and all using the same name, which would most likely be ban-able offense if implemented as is. Best thing about avalible to squad lead is if you have a experienced squad lead he can give it to the person to run, make a repair pad or w.e. if the mouse needs modified, and you can have lets say empty just join zulu squad and make his tank, then re-restrict zulu and he can go back to his old squad.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Firedrill.
    you can sink the commander or rush it into enemy main, if you're going to grief you'll do it that way. Nobody's going to abuse names just to get tanks, and there's not gunna be major issues.

The comm should decide who gets tanks when money is tight, not whoever is the fastest to click when the res hits 736

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Or, better idea, don't allow the game to get into that position.

PERSONAL MONEY!

10. Falchion

Falchion Member

If that's the case then make it so the commander can only restrict 10-20% of the team.

11. Empty

Empty Member

THEY CAN ALREADY RESTRICT 100% ASfasdfasdfasdfasdf